Author Topic: White House weighing options that would keep 500 troops in Syria: report  (Read 198 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House weighing options that would keep 500 troops in Syria: report
By Justine Coleman - 10/24/19 08:23 PM EDT

The White House is reportedly weighing options to keep 500 U.S. troops in northeastern Syria and sending more battle tanks to protect them.

Military officials presented the choices Thursday, The Wall Street Journal reported. The plans would also adjust U.S. goals to focus on guarding oil fields in the country in addition to squashing any potential ISIS resurgence. They would change President Trump’s plan to withdraw all U.S. troops from Syria

The president indicated Thursday his desire to protect these oil fields.

“We will NEVER let a reconstituted ISIS have those fields!” he tweeted.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/middle-east-north-africa/467394-military-options-show-potential-american-shift
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: White House weighing options that would keep 500 troops in Syria: report
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 01:56:12 am »
No, I don't like the way this sounds at all and it almost sounds like a Trump decision. I'd like to know who called this shot?  Sure, who am I to argue, ISIS could potentially come to control this huge resource of oil as it seems to be designated as. It still sounds like a hokey-decision unless, ISIS could control it and in turn, fund terrorism. That doesn't sound that likely to me.

From what I understand, there are also a lot of Arab tribesmen in the area and no, that doesn't mean, they'd be friendly towards ISIS.

General Mazloum (Kurds) must think, Trump's crazy, Erdogan must be thinking and on down the line. But maybe there is reason for this.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 01:57:38 am by TomSea »