Author Topic: Could This Be The Reason Why Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Destroyed Millions Of Dollars Worth of Guns?  (Read 379 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Townhall by Mike Vespa 10/23/2019

Could This Be The Reason Why Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Destroyed Millions Of Dollars Worth of Guns?

Dick’s Sporting Goods has spit in the faces of their gun-owning and hunting customer base. It started in 2012 after the shooting at Sandy Hook—and it’s continued since. First, Dick's banned sales of AR-15s, then kowtowed to the anti-gun crowd by straight-up destroying millions of dollars worth of rifles. The sporting goods giants’ political activity has cost them some $250 million in potential business, but it might be all worth it if its CEO wins the presidency. Yeah, maybe all of these moves could be a way for Ed Stack to test the 2020 waters (via Politico):

Ed Stack, the CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods and a longtime Republican donor, is testing the waters for a possible third-party presidential bid that could scramble the dynamics of the 2020 general election.

Various messages were presented to a focus group in southern Wisconsin this week centering on the billionaire businessman, along with possible three-way match-ups against Donald Trump and Joe Biden or Elizabeth Warren.

More: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/10/23/could-this-be-the-reason-why-dicks-sporting-goods-ceo-destroyed-millions-of-doll-n2555218

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He want's to be POTUS.   999yawn
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Still not buying the whole "destroyed millions of dollars worth of guns" bit.  Destroyed the empty boxes for millions of dollars worth of guns, sure.  I know if I was involved, there'd be at least a couple boxes filled with 2x4s.

It's like when the feds seize $150million worth of coke.  $150million, no, you must have misunderstood, I said $115million.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

another weirdo businessman like Cuban, Bloomberg and Schultz who think since Donald won they all have shots at the prize.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 02:40:52 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington