Author Topic: Humboldt residents will file to recall sheriff after commissioners signed ‘Second Amendment sanctuar  (Read 654 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Nevada Independent By Shannon Miller 10/24/2019

Humboldt residents will file to recall sheriff after commissioners signed ‘Second Amendment sanctuary’ resolution

Humboldt County Sheriff Mike Allen’s decision to enforce new red flag laws — which allow for temporary confiscation of guns for people a judge deems “at risk” — has spurred a campaign to have him recalled.

Dawn Principe, owner of Sage Hill Arms gun store in Winnemucca and member of the 1,600-member Facebook group behind the recall campaign, said members plan to file a notice of intent with the county on Thursday to recall the sheriff on the grounds he is not “standing up” for their rights. According to the county clerk, the group will have 90 days from when it files to collect 502 signatures and, if successful, proceed with a recall committee.

“They’re taking up a fight against me on something the Legislature has to do, and they think I have the authority not to follow the law,” Allen said in an interview Wednesday with The Nevada Independent. “I do oppose this law. However, it’s my not my job to oppose a law; my job is to enforce the law.”

More: https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/humboldt-residents-will-file-to-recall-sheriff-after-commissioners-signed-second-amendment-sanctuary-resolution

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If you ain't been to northern Nevada, you ain't been anowhere.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln