Author Topic: Civil war? Voters say we’re getting close  (Read 1465 times)

Offline bilo

Re: Civil war? Voters say we’re getting close
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2019, 07:32:20 pm »
When it happens, perhaps that is when the gov't will step in and declare marshal law and seize weapons?

They won't be able to collect them. People will organize and defend themselves. Also, I don't believe the police or military will even try to confiscate our weapons outside urban areas.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2019, 08:59:26 pm »

I don't think a civil war will be fought like the last one. Heck we are still refighting it, lol. Plus if one looks around at our young people, the ones that would be fighting a physical war. Unless they are personally threatened, I don't see (most) of  them fighting for and ideal.

I am not sure there isn't a civil war going on right now. A war of politics and ideology. With the media and social media as powerful as it is that could be more lethal. The lack of civility will tear this country to shreds with the assistance of the above mentioned media/social media.

I agree.  It is already going on.  Its happening between family and friends.  Its happening on TBR.  Its happening in homes across America.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2019, 09:25:12 pm »
I agree.  It is already going on.  Its happening between family and friends.  Its happening on TBR.  Its happening in homes across America.

True dat.  I've been asked, a number of times, to throw water on the "war" on TBR by sacking people who constantly post negative articles about the President from questionable sources, and make every single story into a "Orange Man Bad" thread.  The "Every silver lining has a cloud" group.

That's contrary to our standing mission to allow all sides to speak, and we just won't do that.  We'd close up TBR before we let that happen.  The constant negativity on parade has caused us to lose some pretty good Members that one could never call "Always Trump."  Just folks.

@Chosen Daughter
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2019, 10:06:35 pm »
True dat.  I've been asked, a number of times, to throw water on the "war" on TBR by sacking people who constantly post negative articles about the President from questionable sources, and make every single story into a "Orange Man Bad" thread.  The "Every silver lining has a cloud" group.

That's contrary to our standing mission to allow all sides to speak, and we just won't do that.  We'd close up TBR before we let that happen.  The constant negativity on parade has caused us to lose some pretty good Members that one could never call "Always Trump."  Just folks.

@Chosen Daughter

Well I appreciate that.  I guess that is why it is true.  Because there is a lot of stuff going on right now.  And the President is under impeachment investigation.  Some very good Conservatives have fallen at the way side because of all of this.  Even now Trump is being critical of people in his own Administration.  He fires them.  Critical for hiring Taylor.  They are all "Never Trumper Scum".  And I know its been frequent but I have posted good things Trump has done.  Right now I am not seeing much.  Believe me I am at odds in my own home so that gives extra irritation.  The fact that Trump has gotten to the impeachment phase is his own fault.  Things he has done have not been perfect lately. 

Stories are coming these days at a frenzy.  Like this 2 hours ago:

'I feel bad that I left': John Kelly warned Trump he would be impeached

David M. Drucker 2 hrs ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/i-feel-bad-that-i-left-john-kelly-warned-trump-he-would-be-impeached/ar-AAJpce4?ocid=spartanntp

All of the President's former men turning on him.  I suppose they wouldn't be welcome either.

Maybe if Trump hadn't hired liberals, spies and "Never Trumper's" he wouldn't be in impeachment proceeedings?  I don't know, but if posting information is intolerable then ban me.  I am sure my husband would appreciate it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 10:11:51 pm »
I think what will happen is a very conservative State will elect a Gov. and legislators who will refuse to comply with the federal govt

Right. One of the things that we are moving into place is a governor and legislators that will nullify. Montana is already bent that way, as is the northern Rockies generally.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2019, 10:17:25 pm »
I don't know, but if posting information is intolerable then ban me.  I am sure my husband would appreciate it.

Never!  Like I said, we'd rather shut the place down.  I value your insights.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2019, 10:22:14 pm »
Never!  Like I said, we'd rather shut the place down.  I value your insights.

OK, thanks.  My intention is never to have people leave, and they never should.  If they believe in what they are saying then they should continue to stand up for those values.   I like TBR and all of its members. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2019, 10:23:43 pm »
OK, thanks.  My intention is never to have people leave, and they never should.  If they believe in what they are saying then they should continue to stand up for those values.   I like TBR and all of its members.

Me too!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2019, 10:28:00 pm »
Me too!

Me three.

Politics ain't beanbag.
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2019, 02:46:33 am »
When it happens, perhaps that is when the gov't will step in and declare marshal law and seize weapons?
How do you propose that might happen?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2019, 02:55:31 am »
Nothing on this forum is a civil war.  That is true blood and guts.

Here it is just differences of opinion.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2019, 03:04:02 am »

Buzzkill!   :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2019, 04:06:16 am »

Kind of like those differences at the Christmas dinner table when someone brings up politics.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2019, 04:23:35 am »
Kind of like those differences at the Christmas dinner table when someone brings up politics.

Yup!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2019, 04:37:23 am »
He' never going to be my buddy either but what I said above is true.  The corruption in Washington would never have been exposed without him at the helm.
I knew the rats were corrupt in 2016, and I knew the media was liberal, but without President Trump taking a leading role in pursuing corruption I might never have recognized the corruption of Paul Manafort, Michael Cohen, Rudy Guilliani, George Papadopoulos, Rick Gates, and Igor and Lev. 
Thank you Mr. President   :patriot:

The Rats have been corrupt longer than in '16 and the MSM has reported fake news for quite awhile.  I knew Giuliani was corrupt back when 'they' were trying to push through the Trans Texas Corridor and the NAFTA Superhighway.  He had/has ties to the law firm that was in negotiations. Didn't trust him then, don't trust him now.  Sorry, as much as people praised him for his handling of 9/11, I just can't praise him as others have.  I have reservations about anything he did.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 08:38:43 pm by libertybele »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2019, 04:42:18 am »
I knew the rats were corrupt in 2016, and I knew the media was liberal, but without President Trump taking a leading role in pursuing corruption I might never have recognized the corruption of Paul Manafort, Michael Cohen, Rudy Guilliani, George Papadopoulos, Rick Gates, and Igor and Lev. 
Thank you Mr. President   :patriot:

This isn't new to us political junkies, the hope is some of the LIVs pick up on it.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2019, 05:11:06 am »
This isn't new to us political junkies, the hope is some of the LIVs pick up on it.
Do you think the LIV is now getting wise to the rat corruption of Obama/Hillary and media bias?  I don't.
I see a DOJ that has pursued President Trump with more vigor than Hillary or Obama.  I see a growing number of Trump people arrested, indicted, and plead guilty.  I see a volunteer parade of witnesses lining up to impeach the President.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2019, 08:06:09 am »
He' never going to be my buddy either but what I said above is true.  The corruption in Washington would never have been exposed without him at the helm.
He has brought a lot of weasels out of the weeds in the swamp. They only broke cover because they think they are close to their communist totalitarian state by the polls they conduct of the sheep in cities, and because the corrupt in the GOP failed to support the POTUS fully.
As for civil war, there isn't one damned thing civil about war.
With fewer than 10% of the population service veterans, and only a fraction of those having served in combat, most of the keyboard commandoes and wannabe Sergeant Rock types out there have no effing idea what sort of sh*t storm they'd unleash if it ever came to an open and all out conflict.
America's epitaph would be "We had to destroy the country to save it".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2019, 08:12:31 am »
Do you think the LIV is now getting wise to the rat corruption of Obama/Hillary and media bias?  I don't.
I see a DOJ that has pursued President Trump with more vigor than Hillary or Obama.  I see a growing number of Trump people arrested, indicted, and plead guilty.  I see a volunteer parade of witnesses lining up to impeach the President.
The media Rats are miking Trump and co out to be Nixon, just so they can relive their 'glory days'.

In reality, I do not believe we have ever seen corruption quite the level of the Obama Regime, and that should be prosecuted. Those volunteers are against Trump, but not Obama or Hillary, who seem to have a way of shutting such people up, permanently. The fact that none of the anti Trump 'witnesses' have had accidents, or died in unfortunate events like plane crashes, armed (botched, natch) robberies, or suddenly been unable to live with their guilt over a life of crime and offed themselves speaks volumes to the depths of corruption, and where that abyss lies.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2019, 08:17:19 am »
IF there ever is a civil war in this country it will be the first.  What occurred between 1860 - 1865 was not one despite what you have been told. 

When it happens it will involve shutting off the flow of gas and electricity to the population centers and will be very short-lived.
And blocking rail and roads. It'd be like a shop vac full of wasps....

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2019, 08:24:44 am »
Me three.

Politics ain't beanbag.
Y'all didn't play bean bag like we did.... :chairbang:

C S Lewis

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2019, 09:30:33 am »
In reality, I do not believe we have ever seen corruption quite the level of the Obama Regime, and that should be prosecuted.

@Smokin Joe
President Trump has owned the Dept of Justice for 3 years.  The GOP controlled both Houses of Congress for the first 2 years, and they still retains the Senate and their committees.  Who is at fault when Trump promised to lock up Hillary and didn't instruct the DOJ to pursue her?  Who is at fault when McConnell and Graham are not investigating the rats in the Senate? 

How long will the GOP blame the deep state for their own impotence?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2019, 10:51:56 am »
@Smokin Joe
President Trump has owned the Dept of Justice for 3 years.  The GOP controlled both Houses of Congress for the first 2 years, and they still retains the Senate and their committees.  Who is at fault when Trump promised to lock up Hillary and didn't instruct the DOJ to pursue her?  Who is at fault when McConnell and Graham are not investigating the rats in the Senate? 

How long will the GOP blame the deep state for their own impotence?
Short of requiring the resignations of most of the DOJ, upon his taking office, not much could be done to stop it.

Keep in mind, that the result of intensive investigations of Hillary and Obama would have been (and still might be) the destruction of evidence and witnesses the investigation disclosed (yes, I believe the FBI, DOJ, and CIA have been that compromised). Without investigating openly, in an environment where few if any can be trusted, the best way is to let them think they are immune and have them expose themselves, which has been happening.
I won't necessarily attribute that to POTUS' strategic genius, nor the brilliance of Republican strategists, but that seems to be the effect, at least so far.
However, it all means nothing without the indictments and prosecutions, and where applicable, convictions of those corrupt entities who have been making a mockery of Justice.

As for McConnell and Graham, they are responsible for their (in)actions.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2019, 12:29:16 pm »
OK, thanks.  My intention is never to have people leave, and they never should.  If they believe in what they are saying then they should continue to stand up for those values.  I like TBR and all of its members.

888high58888
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2019, 06:10:54 pm »
Yep.  At my family we do not kill each other when we disagree.

The knives in the back are anecdotal.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:15:44 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »