Author Topic: White House directing federal agencies to cancel NYT and Washington Post subscriptions  (Read 337 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House directing federal agencies to cancel NYT and Washington Post subscriptions
By Sam Dorman | Fox News

The White House is directing its long list of federal agencies and departments to cancel their subscriptions to two of President Trump's top targets in the media, Fox News has confirmed.

Agencies will cancel subscriptions to The Washington Post and New York Times, reflecting the president's long-running issues with the outlets and their reporting on him. White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham announced the decision on Thursday but Trump made the decision days prior.

“Not renewing subscriptions across all federal agencies will be a significant cost saving—hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars will be saved,” Grisham said in an email, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Trump has repeatedly referred to the Times as a "failing" paper and consistently highlighted the fact the Post was owned by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/white-house-wapo-nyt-subscriptions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Seems legit.  Save a tree. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

A number of papers are getting away from the printed paper and going online. What's to prevent individuals in these agencies from having their own online subscriptions and paying for them themselves?   In fact, they probably should be paying for their own subscriptions, not the taxpayers.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A number of papers are getting away from the printed paper and going online. What's to prevent individuals in these agencies from having their own online subscriptions and paying for them themselves?   In fact, they probably should be paying for their own subscriptions, not the taxpayers.

Our just find a way to defeat the "paywall"  lol
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

But just think of all the bird cages going unlined and fish left unwrapped. What a tragedy it would be.  8888crybaby

Offline Applewood

Our just find a way to defeat the "paywall"  lol

Could do that too, I suppose.  Most of the time if there is something I want to read  from these papers, I just look at the version on MSN News.   Point is that if Trump thinks ordering the cancelation of these subscriptions will adversely affect the papers' bottom line -- I don't think so.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
One more impeachable offense/s.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline aligncare

I can’t believe that FOX News even considered this a newsworthy story. I bet you this “news” story even made it to page one, above the fold, of the New York Times.

Definitely impeachable—the NYT, not the president.