Author Topic: Jane Fonda plans move to Washington – to get arrested: report  (Read 508 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jane Fonda plans move to Washington – to get arrested: report
By Dom Calicchio | Fox News

Lock her up?

Jane Fonda, a liberal Hollywood celebrity long known for activism and outspokenness – soon plans to leave Tinseltown and relocate to the nation’s capital, at least temporarily.

And according to the Los Angeles Times, the 81-year-old actress (who’ll turn 82 in December) even has a goal in mind: to get arrested.

Fonda told the newspaper she plans to spend about four months in Washington for a series of sit-ins and rallies – after getting an OK from Netflix to take time off from her series “Grace and Frankie” with Lily Tomlin.

She claims to have drawn inspiration from Greta Thunberg, the teenage climate-change activist from Sweden.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jane-fonda-plans-move-to-washington-to-get-arrested-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Jane Fonda plans move to Washington – to get arrested: report
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 04:40:47 pm »
Have a nice, big box of I Don't Give a Crap, Janie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 08:50:47 pm »
Jane Fonda thrusts herself back in political spotlight with protest arrest at US Capitol

Jane Fonda threw herself front-and-center in the policial arena and joined the climate protests that have been going on for days.

As much as many Americans have tried to ignore them, protesters have been out in force to fight for the environment they say the generation of Jane Fonda ruined.

Last month teen climate crusader Greta Thunberg gained massive worldwide attention when she made tearful and angry pleas over what she perceives as a doomed planet Earth.

Today, Fonda wants in on the action.

“The planet, the planet, the planet is on fire!” Fonda can be seen chanting with fellow protesters before her arrest in at the U.S. Capitol building in Washinton D.C. on Friday.

more w/video
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/10/11/jane-fonda-thrusts-herself-back-in-political-spotlight-with-climate-protest-arrest-838221
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 08:59:41 pm »
Jane Fonda thrusts herself back in political spotlight with protest arrest at US Capitol

Jane Fonda threw herself front-and-center in the policial arena and joined the climate protests that have been going on for days.

As much as many Americans have tried to ignore them, protesters have been out in force to fight for the environment they say the generation of Jane Fonda ruined.

Last month teen climate crusader Greta Thunberg gained massive worldwide attention when she made tearful and angry pleas over what she perceives as a doomed planet Earth.

Today, Fonda wants in on the action.

“The planet, the planet, the planet is on fire!” Fonda can be seen chanting with fellow protesters before her arrest in at the U.S. Capitol building in Washinton D.C. on Friday.

more w/video
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/10/11/jane-fonda-thrusts-herself-back-in-political-spotlight-with-climate-protest-arrest-838221

It's pretty sad when an 80-year-old has to chase the rainbow of a tweenager.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 10:00:57 pm »
lol...that was my exact thought!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 10:21:49 pm »
Hanoi Jane is desperate to think she is relevant again but the fact is she never really was.  Just the spoiled brat of a real actor.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 10:24:29 pm »
Jane,   Peter is wanting you to join him.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 10:26:25 pm »
It's nice seeing her in handcuffs...I figure she would have been getting out of prison about now on a treason conviction....
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 08:07:06 pm »
Jane Fonda Arrested With ‘Grace And Frankie’ Costar Sam Waterston In Washington D.C. Climate Change Protest
By Ted Johnson   
October 18, 2019 10:08am

Jane Fonda, in an ongoing effort to call attention to the need for action on climate change, was arrested again on Friday at the Capitol, this time with her Grace and Frankie costar (and Law & Order vet) Sam Waterston.

Fonda, 81, and Waterston, 78, were joined by about a dozen others who briefly blocked First Street on the east side of the Capitol, just in front of the Library of Congress. They had engaged in a rally, called Fire Drill Fridays, which is calling for immediate action on the environment with a Green New Deal.

They marched briefly with demonstrators, chanting “Our house is on fire! Put the fire out!,” before making their way to the street, where officers arrived within about a minute.  ...

Asked by a reporter beforehand why it made sense to get arrested as a way to draw attention to the issue, Waterston said, “I have to do something. I don’t know. You got a better idea?”  ...  More

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 09:01:20 pm »
What's that phrase?.......there's no fool like an old fool
I guess that applies exactly to Fonda and Waterston.

"Hey, look at us!!!!....we're old, but we're still important."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 09:37:00 pm »
Sam seems to believe he really is Jack McCoy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 12:51:09 am »

What's with the thumbs up? I've never known anyone happy to be arrested
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 12:52:35 am »
From the article....
“People say that the Green New Deal is radical,” Waterston said at the rally. “What is radical is climate disruption.”

So it's Climate Disruption now?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline thackney

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 01:12:47 pm »
What's with the thumbs up? I've never known anyone happy to be arrested

She needs the publicity.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 07:10:38 pm »
Old habits die hard.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 07:17:48 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.