Author Topic: Senate to vote on measure condemning 'illegitimate' impeachment proceedings  (Read 304 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate to vote on measure condemning 'illegitimate' impeachment proceedings
by Susan Ferrechio
 | October 24, 2019 10:52 AM

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell plan to introduce a resolution Thursday “condemning the House of Representatives’ closed door, illegitimate impeachment inquiry.”

Graham and McConnell have been leading the Senate GOP’s criticism of the House impeachment proceedings, which has taken place almost entirely behind closed doors since it began in late September.

Republicans have also questioned the legitimacy of the investigation because it was never sanctioned by a House vote or established with bipartisan cooperation on rules to govern the proceedings.

House Democrats defend the secrecy by arguing Republicans are included in the closed-door proceedings, and that opening them to the public would jeopardize witness testimony.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/senate-to-vote-on-measure-condemning-illegitimate-impeachment-proceedings
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the Dims are going to vote to keep going with the impeachment anyhow. 
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

They probably will, but this resolution basically says to the House when you send your impeachment case to the Senate you'd better duck because its coming right back at you at warp speed.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We'll learn the Republican wheat from the chaff ....

Graham and McConnell introduced a resolution Thursday night to condemn House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) secretive impeachment inquiry proceedings.

Graham announced Friday that the resolution had gained 50 cosponsors across the Senate Republican conference; three senators have yet to cosponsor the resolution.

Only Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Mitt Romney (R-UT) have yet to cosponsor the bill.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/25/exclusive-johnny-isakson-to-back-movement-condemning-democrat-impeachment-practices/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
......Only Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Mitt Romney (R-UT) have yet to cosponsor the bill.
And that tells you everything you need to know if you are a vote counter.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Only Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Mitt Romney (R-UT) have yet to cosponsor the bill.

@Right_in_Virginia

The Usual Suspects,surprising absolutely no one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

@Right_in_Virginia

The Usual Suspects,surprising absolutely no one.

They are getting very tiresome @sneakypete  **nononono*

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I think it is interesting the Senate GOP can't hold Collins, Romney, or Murkowski  rrthree on the question of impeachment legitimacy.  It shows the weakness of the Senate GOP to anyone watching.  I'm human scum and even I can admit that the Democrat impeachment process at this time is unfair to the President.  I can't see why the three Senators  rrthree won't make that concession for their party.  Especially when none of this will matter after the public hearings start and the real circus begins. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/467279-mcconnell-backs-resolution-condemning-house-impeachment-inquiry
It’s unclear if the resolution will come up for a vote. It would allow GOP senators, who have grown increasingly frustrated with the House, to formalize their opposition. But it would also likely fail to get the 60 votes needed to pass.

A resolution that does nothing and can't pass from Graham and McConnell.  The President congratulated Graham for already getting 50 votes.  I do too.  Rock on GOP