Author Topic: Canadian Elections, October 21st, 2019  (Read 250 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Canadian Elections, October 21st, 2019
« on: October 21, 2019, 06:22:49 pm »
Time to vote: Polls are open across Canada

Here's what you need to know to vote in federal election
CBC News · Posted: Oct 21, 2019

After a 40-day campaign, it's time for Canadians to decide on the next federal government.

Polls have opened across the country to vote in this 43rd general election.

The first ballots were cast at 8:30 a.m. local time in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick, and the last will be cast at 7 p.m. PT (10 p.m. ET) in British Columbia.

Read more at: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/election-day-what-you-need-to-know-1.5328369

We will lighten up the great seriousness of current world events to follow the Canadian elections. I'm not sure how all it is done, I assume, it will be similar to ours and we will find out the results this evening.

I know Trudeau has his problems, I can't shake the hunch though, to think, he will survive this even though, he has been shown to be trailing in the polls.  He is the incumbent.

Western Canada, at least, provinces like Alberta, I'm sure, will vote for the "Conservative Party" candidate, Scheer.

To me, unfortunately, Canada seens pretty liberal.

On twitter it is being followed, I even saw some tweets oer Mark Steyn, sometimes, guest host on Rush.

Trudeau called on Obama's endorsement so, there must have been a need.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 06:46:01 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Re: Canadian Elections, October 21st, 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 08:38:03 pm »
Here's what happens if no party wins a majority of seats

Canadian federal election
Here's what happens if no party wins a majority of seats
Polls indicate that Canadians are likely going to elect a minority government on October 21 — a situation that can cause some confusion among the electorate. According to experts, even if the Liberals do not win the most seats, Justin Trudeau would remain prime minister and get the first chance to test the confidence of the House of Commons.
Photo via @660NEWS

https://twitter.com/i/events/1184844611451113473

I've seen this discussed in a few venues,  basically what it says above, we may see a so-called minority government. Hopefully, that means, they can reel in a Liberal Prime Minister.

Mark Steyn
@MarkSteynOnline
ICYMI: "All elections start as a referendum on the incumbent: In this case, Mister Sunny Ways turned out to be just the usual corrupt cronyist with a blackface fetish...

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkSteynOnline/status/1186258357801369600

The Banana Vote Song: Tallying Time
Mark Steyn

The Prime Minister of Canada is a pathological narcissist weirdo. Last year's tour of India dressed as a Bollywood bridesmaid strongly suggested as much, and his multiple blackface capers stretching into early middle age merely confirm it. The Liberal establishment, wittingly or not, chose to build a personality cult around the pathological weirdo. In the normal course of events, and in a healthy functioning polity, that would invite a strong rebuke from the electorate.

Yet, as we game out various likely scenarios for Monday night's results, that strong rebuke appears to be the one thing that's not on the cards. If anything, the revelation that Justin Trudeau is Jolson Trudeau only confirmed the Grits and the media in their determination to drag the Prime Minstrel over the finish line: After four years of hammering anyone who dissents from the New Trudeaupia as a hateful racist, the exposure of Justin as a shallow over-promoted nitwit who can't even be left alone with a tub of shoe polish is too much: it taints them, it daubs them with Justin's Kiwi, all the clever people who presume to lecture the ignorant masses and regulate and coerce them into the new virtues. For if the coolest PM on the planet is just a third-rate mammy singer who wants you to tally his banana, what does that say about the backstage boys and the media panjandrums who anointed him "because it's 2015"?

Read more at: https://www.steynonline.com/9791/the-banana-vote-song-tallying-time

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 04:32:06 pm »
Trudeau won but this will be the liberal party as a minority in parliament. In other words, Trudeau did not actually win the popular vote but he retains control and remains prime-minister. I believe he made a concession to Western Canada and has agreed to build a pipeline.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/politics/election-2019/braid-trudeau-minority-has-to-go-ahead-with-trans-mountain

Okay, will remain a sticky-thread temporarily.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 05:03:57 pm by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 04:52:10 pm »
Thanks for the updates @TomSea

We missed all the news when we were down  888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️