Author Topic: Trump says his Doral resort will no longer host G-7 after backlash  (Read 255 times)

Online corbe

Trump says his Doral resort will no longer host G-7 after backlash

Brett Samuels

28 mins ago

President Trump on Saturday said the United States would no longer host next year's Group of Seven (G-7) summit at his Doral resort after intense backlash from Democrats, ethics watchdogs and some Republican lawmakers.

"Based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020," Trump tweeted. "We will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately. Thank you!"

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-his-doral-resort-will-no-longer-host-g-7-after-backlash/ar-AAJ3qzA?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE12DHP
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump says his Doral resort will no longer host G-7 after backlash
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 02:41:43 am »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

I thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders. It is big, grand, on hundreds of acres, next to MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, has tremendous ballrooms & meeting rooms, and each delegation would have...

.....its own 50 to 70 unit building. Would set up better than other alternatives. I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. But, as usual, the Hostile Media & their Democrat Partners went CRAZY!

....Therefore, based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020. We will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately. Thank you!

6:52 PM - 19 Oct 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185735579327193093

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:43:23 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 02:50:22 am »
I think the G7 said "we ain't coming to Doral."

Trump Doral settles lawsuit over biting bedbugs 
https://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/jose-lambiet/article129651494.html

I just want to go on record as supporting President Trump's plan to eliminate our G7 competition with sustainable and eco-friendly biological weapons. :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 03:07:05 am »
How wonderful for the press.  They get to enjoy a daily bus ride to Camp David.   :laugh:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 03:24:51 am »
Savannah Singleton @SavSingleton55
1h
Replying to
@realDonaldTrump
Kind of sucks when you support what you know is wrong to defend Trump, and it turns out to be a waste. Bus, meet @marcorubio

Sam Stein @samstein
1h
Nice of Trump to make Mulvaney go through the torture of that press conference only to walk back both the quid pro quo claim and the defense of Doral
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 04:08:07 am by Once-Ler »

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 10:36:11 pm »
How wonderful for the press.  They get to enjoy a daily bus ride to Camp David.   :laugh:

Him doing this is bad for ratings. He took away a possible scandal
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.