Author Topic: Goodwin: It’s time for Michael Bloomberg to enter the 2020 race  (Read 171 times)

Offline mountaineer

Goodwin: It’s time for Michael Bloomberg to enter the 2020 race
Michael Goodwin
New York Post
Oct. 19, 2019
Like the swallows coming back to Capistrano, reports are surfacing that Michael Bloomberg is considering a White House run. Again.

The former New York mayor dipped his toes into the water in both 2012 and 2016, and backed off a 2020 race last March. Always for the same reason: He concluded he couldn’t win.

He was right and many actual candidates should follow Bloomberg’s example. The 12 Democrats on the debate stage last week proved that quantity does not guarantee quality. ...

As one of her opponents correctly charges, Warren wants to use government power to penalize and punish Americans rather than help lift them up.

Her job-killing policies must be challenged by a credible candidate from within the party and Bloomberg is uniquely qualified for that role.  ...
Read entire article at NY Post

I'm not sure the Dems want to be rescued from Warren's extreme anti-capitalism viewpoint by someone like Bloomie. They're too busy embracing it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Goodwin: It’s time for Michael Bloomberg to enter the 2020 race
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 03:54:30 pm »
Bloomberg is NOT the Dem's answer to their lunacy.  He has zero personality, and has done some freakish things as Mayor of New York.  He does not stand a chance, even if HRC doesn't jump in.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 07:13:29 pm »
But how could Bloomy run home to his island every Friday night if he was president, or even campaigning for president? :pondering:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 07:20:22 pm »
Such a campaign slogan opportunity:

I Will Do To America What I Did To The City Of New York!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.