Author Topic: Lindsey Graham threatens to become 'Trump's worst nightmare'  (Read 2049 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Lindsey Graham threatens to become 'Trump's worst nightmare'
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2019, 05:02:12 pm »
The elites won't force him out.  His own craziness will.

You are being led by the characterizations of those who want him forced out.

You should know better.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2019, 05:03:35 pm »

LOL!  You keep on telling yourself that, it's worked so well the past four years....

It's both:  The "elites" want to force him out, because they think he's crazy for wanting their influence reduced.  And if they do succeed, then it's "Hello Democrat hegemony" for as far as the eye can see.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2019, 05:06:01 pm »
You are being led by the characterizations of those who want him forced out.

You should know better.

Trump certainly has some serious flaws, but poor characterizations are the coin of the realm in DeeCee, where perceptions matter more than mere facts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2019, 05:10:44 pm »
@Jazzhead

What does that actually mean, structurally and legally?  How does his craziness "force him out"?  I mean, lots of folks would argue he's engaged in that craziness since Day 1, and he's still in office.  So exactly how will his craziness force him not to run again, if not via outside pressure?

Obviously, the Republicans who are pushing for him to resign/not run again, threaten impeachment, etc., will say "But it wasn't us!  It was his own craziness!  He did it to himself!"  Thing is, no matter how many times they say it, and even if they believe it, and even if it is largely true, that still will not affect the perception on the part of those who supported him that the elites forced him out.

And here's the larger point.  It's "gaslighting".  Myself and many others believe there has been an incessant, unfair campaign against him even before he took office.  A virtual conspiracy among unelected civil servants, the major media, Democrats, corrupt judges, and GOP elites.  They've been trying to remove him from office since Day 1 (the early 25th Amendment argument, for example) even though there was no legal justification for it, but simply their belief that he was "unfit".  The pressure from them has been unrelenting, and it's my belief that a large part of the explanation for how he currently behaves is that it is a reaction to the way he has been treated. 

Their logic was that if they hammer him continuously, sooner or later he'll do something that will give them justification to remove him.  And so that's where we are now, with the "it's his own craziness that did him in", as if the rest of us have forgotten what's happened during the last three years that brought us to this point.  To me, giving in to that is ratifying everything they did, and accepting that as part of our political process moving forward.  I honestly lack the words to say how much I detest that -- it absolutely sickens me that a side that lost an election can, with the complicity of a politicized press, force a duly elected President out of office.  Or at least make him not run again.

Your arguments may have logical appeal, but they're going to bounce right off the people who don't like seeing what's been done to Trump, because they see it as saying that their votes in 2016 really don't count.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2019, 05:21:53 pm »
Nah....

Look, I know there are some conservatives who might actually relish that, but it's not going to happen.  The truth is that the country is very divided.  Probably 40% or so Trump fans (and only a small percentage of those willing to fight)

@Maj. Bill Martin

I don't relish fighting,and I am not even a Trump supporter. I AM ready to fight if I see the nation sliding back towards being a cog in the Global Machine,though. So should you and everyone else that doesn't want to see the world turned into a Globalist Police State.

another 40% who hate his guts, and then a squishy middle that just wants everyone to play more nicely together.  It is entirely possible that he could legitimate lose the election vote-wise.

Anything is possible,but I don't see that happening.

Additionally, Trump supporters are not geographically concentrated -- they are found in suburban and rural areas intermixed with cities and suburbs that hate him.

First off,where are these suburbs where people hate him,other than in places like Boston,NYC,LA,etc,etc,etc?

Secondly,so what? The Revolutionary War was fought be people from rural areas who had to depend on mail by horseback to exchange information with people from the nearest town,yet they gathered together and fought off the Colossus that was the British Empire.

So there's really no shot at a civil war conveniently aligned with geography, etc..

Where are they going to hide DC when they move it?

And for the most part...there's nobody to fight.

You don't think the neo-cons and the left will defend their little empires?

I mean, what am I going to do?  Wander down to my Trump-hating neighbor 3 doors down and start shooting?

Nobody has ever won a war by killing citizens. Or even soldiers. You win wars by removing the political leadership from office by any means necessary.

Honestly, that makes you sound a bit paranoid.

I'm ok with that. I think what you are writing makes you sound naive. 

The UN can't put together peacekeeping forces anyway because nobody wants to support them,

That's because nobody really cares what happens in the nations where they have been sent in the last 20-30 years,

If the left gains control of this country, it'll be through the history-honored practice of pandering to those who survive on government largesse and their sympathizers,

What do you think they have been doing for the last several decades,that is now failing them to the point they have to import illegal aliens from every 3rd world nation on Earth in a desperate attempt to maintain power?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2019, 05:26:26 pm »
Graham is now feeling optimistic about the President's decision.

More here:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,379985.0.html

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2019, 05:28:16 pm »

Graham says he's 'increasingly optimistic' Trump's Syria strategy will succeed
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,379985.msg2079347/topicseen.html#msg2079347
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34