Author Topic: Whom do our politicians really serve in our country?  (Read 207 times)

rangerrebew

Whom do our politicians really serve in our country?
« on: October 20, 2019, 01:02:47 pm »
October 19, 2019
By K.S. Guardiola

"For those who make the rules, there are no rules," declares Tommy Shelby, the infamous head of a crime family and also a newly elected member of the British Parliament in the latest season of the hit TV series Peaky Blinders.  The series is a multi-season award-winning British crime drama appearing on Netflix in the U.S.  It is set in Birmingham, England in the time period 1919 to 1929 and features a powerful and violent crime family called Peaky Blinders, led by the Shelby family, with Tommy Shelby as the lead mobster.

Shelby, played by the actor Cillian Murphy, advances his gang's criminal activities over the years from the ordinary mixture of theft, gambling, and illegal distribution of alcohol and drugs to more ambitious moneymaking pursuits.  Tommy is a portrayed as a highly intelligent and ingenious character, and he envisions that holding elected political office will offer numerous opportunities to legitimize his business as well as offering a way to gain entry to all the potential inside dealings of government.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/10/whom_do_our_politicians_really_serve_in_our_country.html

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Whom do our politicians really serve in our country?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 01:10:28 pm »

Whichever K Street lobbyist or foreign government owns them.  The only time they need any of us is on election day.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Whom do our politicians really serve in our country?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 08:08:47 pm »
Whichever K Street lobbyist or foreign government owns them.  The only time they need any of us is on election day.

They serve themselves.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.