Author Topic: White House defends hosting G-7 at Trump resort as 'significantly cheaper' option  (Read 222 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House defends hosting G-7 at Trump resort as 'significantly cheaper' option
by Carlin Becker
 | October 19, 2019 08:12 PM

The White House defended its decision to host the 2020 G-7 Summit at President Trump's Florida resort, calling it a "significantly cheaper" option for the event's venue.

On Thursday, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney announced that the Trump National Doral Miami will house next year's gathering of world leaders, saying the property was the best possible facility and that Trump's business would not earn a profit.

The administration defended the move on Saturday, insisting the venue is "significantly cheaper" than other options and that the summit will be run "at cost," meaning without profit, because the emoluments clause of the Constitution prohibits the president from accepting gifts and money from foreign governments.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house-defends-hosting-g-7-at-trump-resort-as-significantly-cheaper-option
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Drop it, pick another place regardless of price...you have other battles to fight and this isn't one of them..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Night Hides Not

Drop it, pick another place regardless of price...you have other battles to fight and this isn't one of them..

Disagree, this is definitely a hill worth dying on.

OTOH, I want an independent audit to define “cost”, so many games can be played to inflate the costs incurred at the facility.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Disagree, this is definitely a hill worth dying on.

OTOH, I want an independent audit to define “cost”, so many games can be played to inflate the costs incurred at the facility.

I thought that at first...not sure if it's worth it..I thought it was a bad idea to begin with it only gives the rats more fodder..
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
here is more

Trump accuses media, Democrats of going 'crazy' over G-7 at his Miami resort
By John Bowden - 10/19/19 09:46 PM EDT

President Trump accused Democrats and the media on Saturday of going "crazy" over his administration's announcement that an upcoming Group of Seven (G-7) nations meeting would be held at his resort in Miami.

In a pair of tweets, Trump addressed criticism of acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney's announcement this week that the meeting of world leaders would be held at the Trump National Doral Miami resort.

I thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders. It is big, grand, on hundreds of acres, next to MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, has tremendous ballrooms & meeting rooms, and each delegation would have its own 50 to 70 unit building. Would set up better than other alternatives," Trump tweeted.

"I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. But, as usual, the Hostile Media & their Democrat Partners went CRAZY!" he added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/466605-trump-accuses-media-democrats-of-going-crazy-over-g-7-at-his-miami

Okay I changed my mind
Support the USO

Offline Night Hides Not

I thought that at first...not sure if it's worth it..I thought it was a bad idea to begin with it only gives the rats more fodder..

Seriously, your instincts are correct. This is a smokescreen, a diversion from the real issues of the day. Grist for the warring factions.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.