Author Topic: 'We are not a pup tent': Mitt Romney says GOP has room for 'different views' than Trump  (Read 429 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'We are not a pup tent': Mitt Romney says GOP has room for 'different views' than Trump
by John Gage
 | October 18, 2019 07:09 PM

Sen. Mitt Romney insisted he is not leading a revolt against President Trump, saying the Republican Party is big enough to accommodate views that differ from those of the president.

"There are many young people who might tend to think that the Republican Party is only represented by one point of view, the president’s point of view, were there not people like myself," the Utah Republican told Politico in an interview on Friday. "We are not a pup tent … rather a much larger tent. And we can accommodate different people with different views."

As an impeachment inquiry brews, Romney, 72, emphasized he is not planning on a Never Trump revolt.

"I don’t believe I’m leading a wing of the party. Because there’s no wing that’s very large that is aligned with me," he said. "Since I’ve been back, I have not spoken with a single senator about the impeachment process or about the implications of the process that’s going on or how I would vote."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/we-are-not-a-pup-tent-romney-says-gop-has-room-for-different-views-than-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Said the guy who supports the Dems' efforts to remove Trump from the Rs' tent.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

Doesn't this guy ever shut up?  It's obvious he's itching to run for president again.  He's been all over the news every day.  Doesn't he have any senate work to do?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
'We are not a pup tent': Mitt Romney says GOP has room for 'different views' than Trump

Mittens, your "views" seem to belong under another tent somewhere.
One that is colored blue.
Please pack it up and go home.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Considering how many are in his "tent," I guess he should know what a "pup tent" looks like from the inside.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

When President Trump wants Senator Romney's opinion...Trump will give it to him. :chairbang:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Romney is a loser, who intends only to make trouble.  He works every day to undermine the president.  Romney is as useless as used tp.

And his opinion, who gives a sh*t?!!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Mittens, your "views" seem to belong under another tent somewhere.
One that is colored blue.
Please pack it up and go home.

:yowsa:  my sentiments exactly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:yowsa:  my sentiments exactly!

Since he's thrown his lot in with the Rats, on Trump and almost every other issue, I'd say he's the one reading people out of the Party.  Pup-tent my ass.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Doesn't this guy ever shut up?  It's obvious he's itching to run for president again.  He's been all over the news every day.  Doesn't he have any senate work to do?
Well if he does ever try to run for president again the interview his son gave after Mitt lost, where he said his dad never really wanted to be President should be plastered everywhere.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well if he does ever try to run for president again the interview his son gave after Mitt lost, where he said his dad never really wanted to be President should be plastered everywhere.

If we can't get peoples heads around how he threw an election to the Worst President Ever, then I don't see much hope running ads with that interview will fix it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

Considering how many are in his "tent," I guess he should know what a "pup tent" looks like from the inside.

Mitt likes to put his pups on the roof of his car.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Where you getting this "we stuff",Mittens?

You pregnant?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Where you getting this "we stuff",Mittens?

You pregnant?

It's the mouse in his underwear.
I will NOT comply.