Author Topic: How Mulvaney Responded to Criticism That He Admitted to Quid Pro Quo  (Read 117 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Mulvaney Responded to Criticism That He Admitted to Quid Pro Quo
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 8:10 AM

White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney sought to clarify his remarks on Thursday about tying up military aid to Ukraine after critics accused him of admitting to a quid pro quo.

He said the media was “misconstruing” his comments to the press “to advance a biased and political witch hunt against President Trump.”

“Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election,” Mulvaney said. “The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server.”

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2019/10/18/how-mulvaney-responded-to-criticism-that-he-admitted-to-quid-pro-quo-n2554973
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: How Mulvaney Responded to Criticism That He Admitted to Quid Pro Quo
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 04:22:03 pm »

“Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election,” Mulvaney said. “The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server.”

Nor was any money ever withheld.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-