Author Topic: One Baltimore Neighborhood Is Cutting Crime… With Doorbell Cameras  (Read 501 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

One Baltimore Neighborhood Is Cutting Crime… With Doorbell Cameras

Last month we talked about the way the widespread use of remote doorbell cameras and the technology associated with them are changing suburban life. Cameras such as Amazon Ring, Google Nest, and others are showing up on more and more homes. But it’s not just the individual cameras making a difference. Networks of neighbors are collecting in online forums supporting the technology to share videos, pictures and information. They also frequently collaborate with law enforcement to solve crimes.

This week we see one real-world example of this phenomenon covered in the Baltimore Sun. The Baltimore suburb of Patterson Park now has more than 500 cameras active all across their neighborhood, with neighbors interacting with each other and with law enforcement as I described above. Arch McKown, safety chairman of the Patterson Park Neighborhood Association, has been coordinating many of these activities and describes the results for reporters. The bottom line is that burglaries and other property crimes have plummeted and they have helped police identify and convict some of the worst offenders.

I'm sure the ACLU is helping race-baiter groups pretzellate this into racism in order to shut this down.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: One Baltimore Neighborhood Is Cutting Crime… With Doorbell Cameras
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 03:36:38 am »
They do work.  Our neighborhood uses em.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington