Author Topic: Perry notified Trump he will resign: reports  (Read 411 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Perry notified Trump he will resign: reports
« on: October 17, 2019, 08:59:35 pm »
Perry notified Trump he will resign: reports
By Justin Wise - 10/17/19 04:38 PM EDT

Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who has recently drawn scrutiny for his dealings with Ukraine as part of the House's impeachment inquiry, has notified President Trump that he is resigning, according to multiple reports.

It remains unclear when Perry plans to officially step down from his post, The New York Times and Bloomberg reported on Thursday. Perry told Trump of his interest in resigning while aboard Air Force One en route to the former governor's home state of Texas, the Times reported.

Reports that Perry would soon be departing the administration have persisted throughout his tenure. But news of Trump’s phone call with Zelensky this month breathed new life into claims he would soon be leaving the Trump administration, despite denials from the secretary and his staff that he was staying put. Perry’s plans were described as premeditated and unrelated to the impeachment hearings.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/466361-perry-notified-trump-hes-resigning-reports
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Perry notified Trump he will resign: reports
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 08:59:38 pm »
Energy Secretary Rick Perry has told President Trump he is resigning amid scrutiny related to his role in the Trump administration’s diplomacy in Ukraine, according to multiple reports.

His resignation ends his tenure as the last original Cabinet head from the core energy and environment agencies, after the EPA’s Scott Pruitt and Interior’s Ryan Zinke quit while facing investigations over their ethics.

Perry, the former Texas governor and presidential candidate, had been more politically savvy than his counterparts, reveling in his job as chief pitchman for American "energy dominance." It was a stark turn for Perry, who as a presidential candidate pledged to abolish the Energy Department.

But he became a central character in House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry of Trump.

Democrats issued a subpoena to Perry on Oct. 10 seeking documents related to Perry's knowledge of Trump’s July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, in which Trump pushed his counterpart to investigate Democratic rival Joe Biden.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy/rick-perry-resigns-as-energy-secretary-amid-ukraine-investigation
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 09:13:49 pm »
Sounds like Rick doesn't want to be under the bus. Something must have happened. Just a couple of days ago he said he the rumors of his resignation were greatly exaggerated.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 09:23:40 pm »
This is not new.

Perry gets high marks, and he has taken some positive steps towards nuclear energy.

Some feel that eventually nuclear will solve the problem of fossill fuel caused climate change. which many subscribe too.

Bill Gates has put money into the research.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 10:25:50 pm »
I'd say Perry's political career is now over.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 10:44:24 pm »
 pointing-up
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 10:54:00 pm »
This is all bullsh*t!

The Democrats are frantically throwing feces against the wall, hoping that SOMETHING will stick.

Something to counterbalance the brutal hell that's about to come down on Barack Hussein Obama.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 11:35:51 pm »
This is all bullsh*t!

The Democrats are frantically throwing feces against the wall, hoping that SOMETHING will stick.

Something to counterbalance the brutal hell that's about to come down on Barack Hussein Obama.

The DEMS are certainly slinging 'mudpies', but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for hell to come down on Bammy.  It just isn't going to happen.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 11:50:10 pm »
Perry, the former Texas governor and presidential candidate, had been more politically savvy than his counterparts, reveling in his job as chief pitchman for American "energy dominance." It was a stark turn for Perry, who as a presidential candidate pledged to abolish the Energy Department.

I was for Perry getting the job at Energy as I had thought it would mean he would be able to follow through on this promise to abolish it.

How disappointing he has been as instead he grew Energy expenditures from $29.6 billion in 2016 to now $37.1 billion in 2020.

He succumbed to the Kool Aid in DC by seeking power instead of doing the right thing.

He will not be missed.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 11:51:17 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 12:01:28 am »
Energy Secretary Perry resigning at end of year, Trump says

By JILL COLVIN, KEVIN FREKING and MATTHEW DALY, Associated Press

43 mins ago

Energy Secretary Rick Perry gestures as he arrives on Air Force One with President Donald Trump at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in Fort Worth, Texas, Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)© Provided by The Associated Press Energy Secretary Rick Perry gestures as he arrives on Air Force One with President Donald Trump at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in Fort Worth, Texas, Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)
Perry was traveling with Trump to Texas when he told Trump of his decision aboard Air Force One.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Energy Secretary Rick Perry will leave his job by the end of the year, President Donald Trump said Thursday.

Perry is under scrutiny over the role he played in the president's dealings with Ukraine, which are currently the subject of an impeachment inquiry.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/energy-secretary-perry-resigning-at-end-of-year-trump-says/ar-AAIWs0D?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 08:15:20 am »
This looks bad.  I think this looks bad, and it looks not good.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 11:55:45 am »
I was for Perry getting the job at Energy as I had thought it would mean he would be able to follow through on this promise to abolish it.

How disappointing he has been as instead he grew Energy expenditures from $29.6 billion in 2016 to now $37.1 billion in 2020.

He succumbed to the Kool Aid in DC by seeking power instead of doing the right thing.

He will not be missed.

That's the real Rick Perry we remember from Texas. One of his nicknames was Governor Merck. Just do a search on "Rick Perry HPV vaccine".
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 02:22:30 pm »
That's the real Rick Perry we remember from Texas. One of his nicknames was Governor Merck. Just do a search on "Rick Perry HPV vaccine".

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 02:49:58 pm »

I'm not a Texan, but he did do some good things and not so good things.  I didn't like his proposal for the Trans Texas Corridor (another involvement with his buddy Giuliani), nor his mandated HPV vaccine, but he did ok for the economy and was strong on the 2A.  He was governor of TX for quite awhile.

Personally, IMHO if he was involved with Giuliani and the Ukraine in any way, he is wise to step down now.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 03:13:42 pm »
This is not new.

Perry gets high marks, and he has taken some positive steps towards nuclear energy.

Some feel that eventually nuclear will solve the problem of fossill fuel caused climate change. which many subscribe too.

Bill Gates has put money into the research.

Nuclear energy should have been farther along than it is.  But the enviro-weenies and their allies in the Democrat Party have all but destroyed it. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 07:44:59 pm »
  Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

I want to thank Secretary of Energy Rick Perry for the outstanding job he has done. He will be leaving at the end of the year to pursue other interests. Rick was a great Governor of Texas and a great Secretary of Energy....

....He is also my friend! At the same time, I am pleased to nominate Deputy Secretary Dan Brouillette to be the new Secretary of Energy. Dan’s experience in the sector is unparalleled. A total professional, I have no doubt that Dan will do a great job!

12:34 PM - 18 Oct 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185277957436248065