Author Topic: The Egyptians the Western media ignore  (Read 180 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Egyptians the Western media ignore
« on: October 16, 2019, 11:56:27 am »
The Egyptians the Western media ignore
By Sohrab Ahmari                  October 14, 2019

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi supporters.

CAIRO — We’re growing complacent about Egypt — again.

Once more, we’re forgetting the hellish threat a destabilized Egypt would pose to its people, the region and US security. And once more, we’re treating an Egyptian leader, President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, as if he were the mayor of a small Midwestern town — and not a vast and impoverished Arab land menaced by sundry Islamists.

Consider The New York Times, which lately has been pumping a steady stream of negative stories about protests and crackdowns, corruption and “Trump’s favorite dictator.” Even assuming every word is true, there is something profoundly ahistorical and reckless about the mainstream media’s anti-Sisi push. What do they think is the alternative?

Read more at: https://nypost.com/2019/10/14/the-egyptians-the-western-media-ignore/

The author Sohrabi Amari (Iranian who converted to Chrfistianity), National Review's David French, these and others were on a show on Cspan I saw just yesterday. I'm going to keep tuning to Cspan more.

Turkey has gone radical more, they certainly tried to make Egypt radical, so I'm with Sisi. Turkey use to be close to "secular" as well and has now veered into this other direction.

As one commentator said "what a convoluted mess", I think Egypt has even been active in Syria, I can't remember the circumnstances at the moment.