Author Topic: Republicans drop their revolt against Trump on Syria  (Read 235 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Republicans drop their revolt against Trump on Syria
« on: October 16, 2019, 11:54:40 am »
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/15/republicans-buckle-to-trump-on-syria-047618
The Republican rebellion against President Donald Trump was short-lived.

Republicans unleashed perhaps their most aggressive outcry of the Trump era after he abandoned the U.S.’ Kurdish allies and ceded northeastern Syria to Turkey. But now GOP lawmakers are dialing back their direct criticism of the president — instead working with Trump, dinging Democrats and trying to move forward.

Senior Republicans are coordinating with Trump’s top officials to try to rein in Turkey with sanctions and protect the Kurds, and while they’re still dissatisfied with the situation, they’ve shifted gears away from confrontation with the president.

“I do appreciate what the administration has done against Turkey through executive action, but more to follow,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters Tuesday afternoon, after joining Trump for a phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday. “I appreciate the phone calls yesterday with Erdogan, I think [Trump] reached out in a good way to let Turkey know they needed a cease-fire right now.”

more at link

Offline Applewood

Re: Republicans drop their revolt against Trump on Syria
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 12:03:23 pm »
Well, we can't expect these lazy lumps to exert themselves, can we? 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Republicans drop their revolt against Trump on Syria
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 01:27:59 pm »
"All the nations of the world — friend or foe — will find that America is strong, America is proud, and America is free."  -  President Donald J Trump
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-restored-american-leadership-world-stage/

Most everyone is saying, and even our enemies have to admit, Trump has reinvigorated America in the eyes of our foes, and to the envy of our "so-called allies."  I say "so-called" because I'm not seeing a lot of reciprocity here.  Canada, by the way, a lot of people say Canada is our friend, but did they help us at Normandy?  If not that's bad.  It's very bad.  It's not good.

President Trump promised to get us out of unending wars and when President Erdogan said he wanted to invade Syria, President Trump said, very politely...and he doesn't get credit for his manner by the fake news as I'm sure you'll all agree...President Trump said"excuse me," and moved those troops to a more profitable, and less casualty prone area.  He saved American soldiers lives and made a down payment on the National Debt.  Promise kept if you ask me.

The good news is ISIS will probably be escaping to Europe.  That sucks for our so-called "allies" but they're not footing the bill, and this is what you gotta do if you want to be the #1 economy in the world.   More good news is that the fruits of President Trump's great and unmatched wisdom have strengthening our ties with our new allies.  Allies like Turkey (home of Trump Towers Istanbul since 2012) , Russia (negotiating for a Moscow Tower), and Saudi Arabia(coming soon and hotel security has already been established).

I mean where is the downside?  Trump comes out as decisive and smarter than his Pentagon, Putin comes out looking good and happy, Erdogan looks like he has balls made of titanium,  Assad gets to show his strength.  It's really a win/win if you ask me.  But here we are quibbling about who betrayed who, or how long can Turkey hold out under the crushing Trump sanctions.  It been a week of this story.  A week.  A whole week.  Nothing seems to working.  We really should just face the fact, regardless of the blame, that the Kurds are screwed.  They should have prepared for our eventual departure.  Now we need to get back to protecting our President from the rats, the media, and the Deep State so he can make this world a better place.  #MAGA

Never has America stood so tall! :patriot: