Author Topic: Seattle Suffering From Street Crime And City Attorney That Won’t Deal With The Criminals  (Read 325 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2019/10/09/seattle-suffering-street-crime-city-wont-deal-criminals/

Seattle Suffering From Street Crime And City Attorney That Won’t Deal With The Criminals

Impact Bioenergy runs a “micro food digester” in Seattle which converts grain leftover from a nearby brewery into natural gas and fertilizer. But KOMO News reports this green company is moving out of Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood because of the persistent, low-level crime:

“We did a pilot to demonstrate new ways to divert commercial food waste away from landfilling,” says Impact Bioenergy president Jan Allen…

Unfortunately, the quintessential Seattle business that prides itself in being in the forefront of a green economy is leaving.

“Just all this street crime is crushing us, we are a small company we just can’t do it,” says Allen.

Over the past three years, he says the company has suffered wire theft and the theft of their electric cargo tricycle for collecting food.

He’s talking about homeless people in Seattle who live in RVs and cars. Like many homeless people, they survive (and feed their habits) by stealing from people in the neighborhoods where they live. And that takes a toll on businesses and neighborhoods.

The same thing is happening in SF, which is why I'm posting this in Current Events. And I doubt SF and Seattle are unique. The bottom line is that when the "small stuff" isn't sweated, it abounds and many junior-thugs "graduate" into full-on thugs.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:47:50 am by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

He’s talking about homeless people in Seattle who live in RVs and cars.
So their homes are RVs and cars. They're not homeless, but they are criminals.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The police speak only anonymously, in the video on Youtube titled "Seattle is Dying."

They state that all (100%) of the homeless are drug addicts.

The bleeding heart enablers, think there are swomen with children, that just lost their jobs, etc.

I don't buy that.

In CA the voters enacted Propositions, which legalize pot, which make petty theft up to $950 a mere citation, which let inmates out of jail/prison after about 20 minutes, etc.

Judges force cities to not arrest them if they o not have facilities for them.

Yes many also have mental illness. Often from years of heavy drug use.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

Seattle Suffering From Street Crime And City Attorney That Won’t Deal With The Criminals

Suffering?  Nonsense.  This is exactly what they wanted.  It is exactly what they voted for.  They should be ecstatic.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

So their homes are RVs and cars. They're not homeless, but they are criminals.

It's a situation where generalizations don't generally work. Here in Silicon Valley, many of those living in RVs are employed, be don't yet have the thousands of dollars saved up to rent an apartment or house (e.g. if the rent is $2000 and the terms are first and last months' rent plus another month for security deposit, $6000). Parking an RV on residential streets, I believe, is against the law, and parking in a store parking lot is trespassing. However some maintain a gym membership where the gym puts up with them parking their car or van in the gym parking lot.

But an unemployed/unemployable druggie or alkie, with or without car or RV is getting $$ for their habit somewhere, and it probably isn't just from collecting and recycling aluminum cans.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline NavyCanDo

I read two similar stories about Mariners and Seahawk fans who parked their cars in paid street lots and returned to find theirs and dozens of other cars with windows smashed and anything of value stolen. In both cases police were a no show. The homeless drug addicts looking for anything to support their habit know they can do this with impunity. We stopped going to Seattle altogether.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline PeteS in CA

I read two similar stories about Mariners and Seahawk fans who parked their cars in paid street lots and returned to find theirs and dozens of other cars with windows smashed and anything of value stolen. In both cases police were a no show. The homeless drug addicts looking for anything to support their habit know they can do this with impunity. We stopped going to Seattle altogether.

Avoid SF, for the same (as well as other) reason. Because the threshold for theft to be considered a felony was raised to $900 and SFPD won't pursue misdemeanor theft, smash-and-grab car robberies are rampant in SF.

Though I have not seen any news stories to this effect, I would expect Portland, Oakland, San Jose, the Land of LA (including northern Orange County), and the San Diego metro area to have similar problems with crime committed by the Sacred Homeless. I won't name my employer, but I appreciate that several security cars patrol our buildings' parking lots constantly.