Author Topic: NARRATIVE FAIL: Rifle Murders Plummet; Bump Stock Confiscation Fails  (Read 258 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By  Ryan Saavedra DailyWire.com 10/8/2019

The new FBI data showed that all murder dropped by 6.2% in 2018 and that gun murders also dropped by 6.7% in 2018. Specifically, murders committed by all types of rifles combined dropped by a staggering 23.9%.

The data on the bump stock ban from the DOJ was obtained by The Washington Times, which reported that “between the issuance of the final rule banning the devices in December 2018 and April 4, 2019, shortly after the prohibition took effect in late March, 582 bump stocks were ‘abandoned’ to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, according to Justice Department records, and 98 bump stocks were kept as evidence.”

The Times, which obtained the information via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, noted that the Trump administration estimated that there were up to “520,000 bump-stock-type devices … in circulation” when the administration banned the firearm accessory.

More: https://www.dailywire.com/news/narrative-fail-rifle-murders-plummet-bump-stock-confiscation-fails

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Rifle Murders Plummet; Bump Stock Confiscation Fails
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 04:31:40 pm »
I was wondering if the compliance rate was anywhere near the Canadian Long Gun Registry's. (It apparently isn't--that failed after 5 years, spending multiples of the expected tab, and low compliance). I am surprised that the industry inventory turn-ins weren't added in to pad the compliance numbers.

I suspect that any ban on firearms will be met with similar results.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:35:58 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Rifle Murders Plummet; Bump Stock Confiscation Fails
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 05:47:10 pm »
During the upcoming deer hunting season hunters toting rifles/shotguns are common sights in my area. There are millions of rifles in my state. But handguns are still the murder weapon of choice for the gangbangers who commit 95% of the homicides here.