Author Topic: Humble corpsman, Connecticut native saves family in remote area of Yosemite National Park  (Read 195 times)

rangerrebew

Humble corpsman, Connecticut native saves family in remote area of Yosemite National Park

October 02, 2019 Defense Feed

YOSEMITE NTL PARK, Calif. —

“I don’t know how many people were outside the vehicle, but I heard them counting down ‘three, two, one, lift!’ while they moved the weight of the tree off the car. I pushed up on the roof with my back to allow just enough room to get the boy out without causing further injury to him,” said the corpsman of 15 years. The boy’s head had been lodged into the side of his own left knee. The vehicle’s roof was also pushed into the child’s back.

At this point, Rory Farrell had already saved the boy’s mother who was not breathing in the front seat of the vehicle. He was now determined to save her trapped son.

Farrell, a native of Colchester, Connecticut, had always shown compassion and the willingness to help others even at a young age, according to his family.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/ai/humble-corpsman-connecticut-native-saves-family-in-remote-area-of-yosemite-national-park/