Author Topic: ‘I shouldn’t be alive’: At reunion of Vietnam POWs, one recounts his capture 47 years ago  (Read 156 times)

rangerrebew

â€˜I shouldn’t be alive’: At reunion of Vietnam POWs, one recounts his capture 47 years ago

October 05, 2019 Edward D. Murphy - Portland Press Herald

After more than five months in which he had no control over his life, Keith Lewis found a world of virtually unlimited possibilities when he emerged from captivity in early 1973.

He chose religion.

Lewis’ F-4 fighter-bomber had been shot down over Vietnam in October 1972. Saturday will mark the 47th anniversary.

Lewis came to Portland this week for the annual meeting of NAM-POWs, a national organization of former prisoners of war from the Vietnam era. The gathering, which is held in different cities from year to year, has drawn nearly 100 former POWs, including two from Maine: Art Cormier, who lives in southern Maine, and Bob Fant, who splits his time between Maine and North Carolina.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/10/i-shouldnt-be-alive-at-reunion-of-vietnam-pows-one-recounts-his-capture-47-years-ago/
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:37:32 pm by rangerrebew »