Author Topic: Bannon consigns 'deep state' lunacy to the briny deep  (Read 122 times)

Offline corbe

Bannon consigns 'deep state' lunacy to the briny deep
« on: October 05, 2019, 06:26:27 pm »
Bannon consigns 'deep state' lunacy to the briny deep

by Quin Hillyer

October 05, 2019 10:55 AM

Conspiracy theorists are almost always wrong and often a bit kooky.

Now Steve Bannon, of all people, reportedly is telling loons on the Right that their favorite current conspiracy theory is garbage. For once, Bannon is right.

Bannon, the former major-domo at Breitbart News and onetime Trump White House strategist, was talking about the idea of a "deep state." The phrase has come to refer to the rumor of a large, permanent, well organized, and largely hidden cadre of officials in law enforcement, intelligence, and the civil service who supposedly work in concert to subvert the people’s will and push leftist policies. Along with “swamp,” “neocon,” "treason," and “coup,” it has become an almost mindless epithet hurled by Trump backers against their perceived enemies.

Bannon’s Breitbart was a leading popularizer of the notion that a sinister "deep state" exists. Now, though, the British Guardian reports that in a new, soon-to-be-released book, Bannon tells author James Stewart that “the deep state conspiracy theory is for nut cases.”

As the Guardian reported, Bannon said there is indeed a formidable government bureaucracy in the United States, but “there’s nothing ‘deep’ about it. It’s right in your face.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/bannon-consigns-deep-state-lunacy-to-the-briny-deep
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Bannon consigns 'deep state' lunacy to the briny deep
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 06:31:27 pm »
You can ignore reality but it will never ignore you.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Re: Bannon consigns 'deep state' lunacy to the briny deep
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 06:32:28 pm »
Heck of a job slaying that straw horse. I don't know anyone who doesn't understand what 'deep state' means and it ain't what this guy describes.

To deny one exists in the face of all the evidence it does is to deny human nature.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 06:35:53 pm by skeeter »