Author Topic: The Self-Congratulation in Banned Books Week  (Read 153 times)

rangerrebew

The Self-Congratulation in Banned Books Week
« on: October 05, 2019, 11:32:07 am »
The Self-Congratulation in Banned Books Week

Washington Post book critic Ron Charles made a confession the other day. "I banned a book," he wrote. "Or at least I helped get it banned, which makes Banned Books Week a little awkward for me this year. Like celebrating Arbor Day by cutting down a tree."

The book is titled "The Trigger: The Lie That Changed the World — Who Really Did It and Why." It's an 898-page paperback. The author, David Icke, is a longtime conspiracy kook from Britain. The publisher is also David Icke. This book is the latest example of 9/11 trutherism. In this version, the "satanic" Israeli government did it, in addition to its role in international drug running and assassinating John F. Kennedy. Charles called it "harebrained word vomit."

He wrote to Barnes & Noble inquiring about a photo a reader sent him that showed Icke's book on a "New Releases in Paperback 20% off" table. A day later, a spokesperson told him, "After being alerted to the content, we are removing the book from all stores."

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/l-brent-bozell-iii/self-congratulation-banned-books-week