Author Topic: Mia Farrow visits Chad to promote new approach to hunger  (Read 303 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mia Farrow visits Chad to promote new approach to hunger
« on: October 07, 2019, 03:28:22 am »
Mia Farrow visits Chad to promote new approach to hunger
 [Associated Press]    CARLEY PETESCH   Associated Press   October 3, 2019

In this photograph released by the International Rescue Committee, actress Mia Farrow meets the clients of the IRC's malnutrition programming in Mangalme Guera region, Chad, Wednesday Oct. 2, 2019. Farrow is in Chad to promote the International Rescue Committee's new global approach to treating malnutrition. (AP Photo/Timothy Nesmith/IRC)

DAKAR, Senegal (AP) Groups of women had traveled for days to find care for their starving children in Chad, blankly staring in exhaustion and with little hope. But other women smiled, relieved to see their children fattened by a new and simplified initiative for hunger.

In an interview with The Associated Press, actress Mia Farrow recounted the scene during her visit to the Central African nations Mangalme area as an envoy for the International Rescue Committee.

Once you see a child dying of hunger in a world where it isnt necessary, in a world of abundance ... you have frustration, she said. When I saw this simple solution ... I said yes, there is an answer.

Read more at: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mia-farrow-visits-chad-promote-164937355.html

I'll tell you what, she's a despicable lefty who has talked badly of our president, I read some of it. Still, maybe she is doing good with the IRC, International Rescue Committee (for the UN I believe).  So, I don't keep up with the gossip rags, Mia Farrow is the same one I think who was married to Woody Allen and all of that stuff? I think so.  Anyhoo:

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Mia Farrow visits Chad to promote new approach to hunger
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 01:30:01 pm »
I have no problem with an improved treatment for severe malnutrition, but this AP article describes two supposedly less effective treatments but says nothing about the treatment Farrow is advocating.

On the side, yeah, her personal life has been a mess, and her politics are probably Hollyweird-standard-issue bleep. OTOH, I wonder how many Hollyweirders even know on what continent Chad is located, let alone been there.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:58:18 pm »

Mia Farrow went to Chad? Well, I didn't invite her!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 11:00:06 pm »
Sam Kinison had the right idea.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 11:09:28 pm »
EAT THE BABIES!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 04:14:48 am »
"I always knew Frank would end up in bed with a boy."
-Ava Gardner

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.