Author Topic: Dems: Trump can't interview whistleblower  (Read 134 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems: Trump can't interview whistleblower
« on: October 02, 2019, 06:07:57 pm »
Dems: Trump can't interview whistleblower
By Mike Lillis - 10/02/19 01:26 PM EDT

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 232011)

The head of the House Intelligence Committee said Wednesday that Democrats would do everything in their power to protect the identity of the whistleblower at the heart of the Ukraine investigation, tossing cold water on President Trump's recent request to interview the anonymous source.

"The whistleblower has the right under statute to remain anonymous," Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) told reporters in the Capitol. "And we will do everything in our power to make sure that that whistleblower is protected [and] that that whistleblower's preferences in terms of their anonymity are respected."

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) piled on, warning of the national security implications if the whistleblower's identity were exposed.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/464059-dems-trump-cant-interview-whistleblower
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Dems: Trump can't interview whistleblower
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 06:25:59 pm »
Like the grave harm that came of Val Plame of the CIA leak scandal and Plamegate?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 07:13:09 pm »
Under the intelligence whistleblower rules, no such standard exists.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 08:09:01 pm »
Trump can’t interview the whistleblower after he filed a complaint, but Schiff can interview that whistleblower even before the complaint was made? Hmm.

Is anyone else thinking setup? Or, is that just something in my deplorable mind?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 08:15:37 pm »
Schitt lied like crazy at the presser. He said the complainant had "evidence" of wrongdoing. And that Trump's wanting to interview him is "incitement of violence."
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 08:22:32 pm »
"Incitement of violence"?   Why?   Because Schiff knows that what he is doing is usurping the peoples' right of self-governance? 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 08:29:31 pm »
Trump can’t interview the whistleblower after he filed a complaint, but Schiff can interview that whistleblower even before the complaint was made? Hmm.

Is anyone else thinking setup? Or, is that just something in my deplorable mind?

At this point, I'm pretty sure that the "whistleblower" is really one of the blow-up dolls Shiff keeps around and that the said complaint was constructed entirely by him on behalf of his client, the aforementioned blow-up doll.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 08:32:38 pm »

Not a setup in the DEMS' minds because they have one set of rules for themselves and one set of rules for everyone else.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 09:26:56 pm »
Trump needs to:

* Demand to be able to face his accuser like he would in a court (6th Amendment);

* Ask what the Dems are hiding;

* Ask what the Dems are afraid of.

Continuously.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.