Author Topic: Bahamas getting additional funds to help Hurricane Dorian recovery from USAID  (Read 234 times)

Offline OfTheCross

The U.S. Agency for International Development is providing an additional $7.5 million in humanitarian assistance to the Bahamas to help in the aftermath of Hurricane Dorian, which devastated the islands of Grand Bahama and Abaco last month.

The additional aid, announced by USAID Administrator Mark Green, who is currently touring the island-nation, brings the total U.S. government response to more than $33 million, the agency said.

mclatchy

:patriot:

That's kind of us. Lovely place, I'd like to go back someday
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline LadyLiberty

Why wait?  They really need tourists in the unaffected islands now.  We have a trip planned in November to Nassau (not my fave but we know what to expect) and another for April 2020 to Great Exuma (our favorite place in the world) for our 25th wedding anniversary.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 02:35:33 am by LadyLiberty »

Offline OfTheCross

Why wait?  They really need tourists in the unaffected islands now.  We have a trip planned in November to Nassau (not my fave but we know what to expect) and another for April 2020 to Great Exuma (our favorite place in the world) for our 25th wedding anniversary.

I've got Exuma in the plans for next year actually!

I've been to Grand Bahama and Nassau
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.