Author Topic: Informal GOP Head Count Shows Faint Chance of Senate Convicting Trump on Impeachment  (Read 169 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Informal GOP Head Count Shows Faint Chance of Senate Convicting Trump on Impeachment
By Mark Tapscott
October 1, 2019 Updated: October 1, 2019

WASHINGTON—An Epoch Times survey of how the 53 Senate Republicans would likely vote today on a motion for an impeachment conviction of President Donald Trump shows virtually no prospect of gaining the required 67 ayes to remove the chief executive from office.

excerpt:
Nine Republican senators have specifically declined to say how they would vote (i.e. “mums”), and it’s difficult to discern from their recent statements or records in office how they might be inclined to come down on such a motion.

There are six Republican senators who appear from their recent published statements to be at least potential aye votes on an impeachment conviction, including Sens. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), and Susan Collins (R-Maine).

Assuming all 47 Democrats (including Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Angus King (I-Maine), who often vote with the Democrats) vote for conviction, supporters of the motion must gain the votes of 20 of the Senate’s 53 Republicans.

more
https://www.theepochtimes.com/informal-gop-head-count-shows-faint-chance-of-senate-convicting-trump-on-impeachment_3102751.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There are six Republican senators who appear from their recent published statements to be at least potential aye votes on an impeachment conviction, including Sens. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), and Susan Collins (R-Maine).

Of course it would be Mittens and the usual suspects
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Of course it would be Mittens and the usual suspects

Mittley is probably the only one of the six who would vote for conviction on the basis of zero evidence. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

I hope they realize they will never hold office again.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.