Author Topic: Bikini model received $15 million 'gift' from Lebanese PM  (Read 406 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bikini model received $15 million 'gift' from Lebanese PM
« on: October 02, 2019, 01:29:46 am »
RICH & FAMOUSPublished October 01, 2019
Bikini model received $15 million 'gift' from Lebanese PM
By Kristian DyerFox Business

The embattled prime minister of Lebanon showered his 20-year-old bikini-model mistress with lavish gifts and millions of dollars after they met at a luxury resort in the Seychelles, according to a new report.

Saad Hariri, who is married with three children, gave Candice van der Merwe, a professional model, more than $15 million, an Audi R8 Spyder and a Land Rover Evoque after meeting her at the luxury resort in 2013. The gifts and their affair was laid bare in South African court documents, according to The New York Times. The model classified her newfound wealth as presents, but the South African government classified them as income.

“Despite relatively modest earnings from her modeling career…lady luck, it would seem, suddenly smiled on the applicant during 2013,” the court declared. She eventually settled the lawsuit.

Read more at: https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/nternational-relations-16-million-gift-to-bikini-model-sparks-controversy.amp

Thinking this out, he wasn't in office at the time, still reading.   :pondering:

Ok, I think the article does link to pictures of her.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Bikini model received $15 million 'gift' from Lebanese PM
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 01:45:46 am »
His father or it was his brother was president and was assassinated.  I think the father and so, he's basically become the next Hariri who is now prime minister over there.

Hariri Slams 'Campaigns' after NYT Says He Gave $16M to Model
by Naharnet Newsdesk

Prime Minister Saad Hariri on Tuesday blasted what he called “campaigns” against him, hours after The New York Times reported that he “gave more than $16 million to a South African bikini model.”

It was not immediately clear whether Hariri was referring to reports and accusations related to Lebanon’s economic and financial crisis or to the NYT story.

“No matter how many campaigns they launch against me and no matter what they say, do or write, I will keep working and I won’t stop,” Hariri said during a Grand Serail meeting for the “Technical Committee for Coordinating the Necessary Services in the Governorates”.

Read more at: http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/265101-hariri-slams-campaigns-after-nyt-says-he-gave-16m-to-model

Sounds like he is NOT saying he didn't do it.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 01:47:35 am »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 02:25:24 am »
   TTIUWP:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 03:59:41 am »

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.