Author Topic: Bring On the Biggest Nothingburger of Them All.. Conrad Black  (Read 383 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bring On the Biggest Nothingburger of Them All

The Democrats have no believable scandal; they can only impeach him once. This will be the biggest and bitterest nothingburger of all. Bring it on.
Conrad Black
- September 30th, 2019

There has not in modern American history been such a preposterous excuse for a threat to the presidency as the Ukraine affair.  The “favor” the president sought from President Zelinsky of Ukraine was that he reopen his inquiry into corruption so there would be more support in Washington for aid to Ukraine’s self-defense against Russian territorial intrusion.

About 500 words later in the transcript, President Trump asked that the question of the Bidens’ involvement in Ukraine be scrutinized too, without indicating a desired response, (though he said, correctly, that it looked “horrible”). If, as they claim, the Bidens are innocent of any wrongdoing or impropriety, the Ukrainians presumably will say so and the Bidens should then thank President Trump for eliciting that answer. If the Bidens, or at least Hunter Biden, were taking bribes, the United States, and the Democratic Party first of all, should wish to know that also.

In either case, President Trump was right to raise it with his Ukrainian analogue. To say otherwise is to assert that the Democrats, and the whole country, don’t want to know if the Bidens committed improprieties in Ukraine, and to add that Trump’s question was only inappropriate because Joe Biden may be running against him for president. If Biden had dropped out of the race before the whistle-blower intervened, or had only entered the race after the call with the Ukrainian president, there would have been no problem. The Democrats raced desperately for the recording studios of the Trumpophobic television echo chamber before they could even be precisely sure of why they were falsely screaming there are grounds for “Impeachment!”

The same Democratic candidates had shrieked for the impeachment of Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh ten days before in the brief window between the New York Times publishing its story alleging Kavanaugh committed sexual assault 30 years before and the revelation that the alleged victim herself did not believe such an incident happened. The Times then admitted that the story was unfounded. It is scurrilous group-hypocrisy. Most of the Democratic presidential candidates, including Senators Elizabeth Warren (D.-Mass.) and Bernie Sanders (D.-Vt.), accused Trump of conducting a “shakedown” on Zelensky to interfere in the 2020 U.S. election, while simultaneously going into transports of thinly veiled glee at the likely elimination of Biden’s presidential candidacy.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2019/09/30/bring-on-the-biggest-nothingburger-of-them-all/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: Bring On the Biggest Nothingburger of Them All.. Conrad Black
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 02:49:00 pm »
@mystery-ak

The Democrats will impeach him at some point, and can at anytime, since it only takes a simple majority to impeach him.  Saw this morning, McConnell said if Trump is impeached, the Senate has to have the trial.  It will surely happen before the 2020 election.

I think there is fault in the fact a simple majority of the House can impeach.  That is too easy to impeach.  It should be as the Senate, 2/3 vote to convict, 2/3 House to impeach.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 03:02:47 pm »
Not that I believe this would happen but I wonder if the Senate does vote to convict can Trump still stay on the ballot and run for re-election?

@Bigun @Victoria33
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 03:07:43 pm »
Not that I believe this would happen but I wonder if the Senate does vote to convict can Trump still stay on the ballot and run for re-election?
@Bigun @Victoria33
@mystery-ak

If convicted, he is no longer president.  Pence becomes president.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 03:09:10 pm »
@mystery-ak

If convicted, he is no longer president.  Pence becomes president.

I know...but can he run for the presidency again is my question
Support the USO

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 03:11:14 pm »
@mystery-ak

"Article 1, Section 3, Clause 7 of the Constitution states:

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment, and Punishment, according to Law."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 03:15:18 pm »
@mystery-ak

"Article 1, Section 3, Clause 7 of the Constitution states:

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment, and Punishment, according to Law."

Thanks for looking that up...that answers my question..
Support the USO

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 03:28:52 pm »
@mystery-ak

It really bothers me to think a simple majority vote of the House can impeach and cause a trial to be held by the Senate.  Dems or Republicans have House simple majority vote and president impeached.  This is so front and center now, what keeps future majorities of either party in the House, from impeaching because they don't like the president?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 03:45:27 pm »
@mystery-ak

It really bothers me to think a simple majority vote of the House can impeach and cause a trial to be held by the Senate.  Dems or Republicans have House simple majority vote and president impeached.  This is so front and center now, what keeps future majorities of either party in the House, from impeaching because they don't like the president?

That's exactly the question..this is why it is so important to vote..
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 03:56:38 pm »
Erick Erickson
@EWErickson
·
4h
Starting to encounter Republicans who wonder if maybe the President should step aside for Pence. They're absolutely in the minority on the GOP side, but there does seem to be a fatigue setting in -- tired of always fighting and always having to defend.
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 06:12:15 pm »
Erick Erickson
@EWErickson
·
4h
Starting to encounter Republicans who wonder if maybe the President should step aside for Pence. They're absolutely in the minority on the GOP side, but there does seem to be a fatigue setting in -- tired of always fighting and always having to defend.

A sub-category of "The Hecker's Veto." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 12:05:05 am »
I believe in criminal cases, a judge has the ability to dismiss a prosecutor's complaint outright (before the trial begins) if he finds insufficient merit in the charges. The accused walks.

As such, I would think that the Senate, having been forwarded an article of impeachment by the House, could also decline to "try the case" because the "complaint" (charges made in the article) did not meet sufficient gravity or cause for trial.

If the votes (simple majority) exist to support a "summary dismissal", I don't see how Mitch the turtle could still insist on a trial going forward.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 04:08:11 am »
Thanks for looking that up...that answers my question..

Actually, it doesn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.