Author Topic: Trump dares Congress, brandishing deep-red 2016 election map: ‘Try to impeach this’  (Read 1698 times)

Offline OfTheCross

And you keep the democrat Talking Points,close at hand.

Are your handlers there, giving you good ratings?

For a Truth Seeker you sure do get made at the truth. Was my post true or false?
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
999beer

Pass one of those my way.  offtheshelph is being a PITA
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 12:10:55 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
That was a great tweet and a great map.

I still believe 2020 is going to be as difficult a fight to win as was 2016.
No over-confidence here!

Offline cato potatoe

Minor point, but quite a few of those red counties are supposed to be colored blue.  I'm not sure what year that map represents ... it doesn't match anything?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
??? It's not true.  So how is it brilliant?

Definitely not brilliant.  Stupid.  Lies are never smart.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I disagree.  What it translates in Electoral votes isn't germane.

It's the strongest possible way to show that virtually all of America is with him.

It shows in the strongest possible way that the peoples' choice made in 2016 deserves to be respected,  not overturned upon the demand of elites.    This impeachment imbroglio is not about Trump, at least not to me it is.   This is about the left's refusal to respect our Constitutional right to self-governance.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Right_in_Virginia

If that's the case what lawmakers is he referring to? There can't be more than a handful that fit that description, no?

Enough to tip any impeachment vote.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Definitely not brilliant.  Stupid.  Lies are never smart.

What lies are you referring to now?  You must have a link because surely you're not just throwing out nonsense.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What lies are you referring to now?  You must have a link because surely you're not just throwing out nonsense.

I responded to what @libertybele posted saying the map wasn't right.  She stands corrected as do I.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I responded to what @libertybele posted saying the map wasn't right.  She stands corrected as do I.

Thanks.   :beer:

Online WhatWouldReaganDo

The accuracy of that map has no bearing on whether or not Trump has committed impeachable acts.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline libertybele

The accuracy of that map has no bearing on whether or not Trump has committed impeachable acts.

No, but he is claiming his popularity and that IS what the DEMS cannot deny and what they are afraid of.  They have done everything to undermine his presidency and he is still making accomplishments.  IMHO the more bogus accusations that they throw at him the more his popularity is solidified and grows. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 10:51:57 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

I was kinda looking forward to a President Cruz.  The only thing he seemed to be guilty of besides being too damn Conservative for the GOP was his affiliation where his Wife worked, Goldman Sachs.  Being that Trump exposed that in the Primaries and forced him (for political survival reasons) to release all his Tax Returns, yes, some were amended along with his FEC updates. I just don't think he or his small Family could've/would've colluded with the Russians and/or  Ukrainians in the NY Realtor Wheeler/Dealer style.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I was kinda looking forward to a President Cruz.  The only thing he seemed to be guilty of besides being too damn Conservative for the GOP was his affiliation where his Wife worked, Goldman Sachs.  Being that Trump exposed that in the Primaries and forced him (for political survival reasons) to release all his Tax Returns, yes, some were amended along with his FEC updates. I just don't think he or his small Family could've/would've colluded with the Russians and/or  Ukrainians in the NY Realtor Wheeler/Dealer style.

I was hoping for a President Cruz as well.  Against all odds Ted won his TX senate seat.  Then good ole boy Mitch expected him to march to the beat of his drum and Ted did just the opposite.  To make matters worse, Ted publicly called him a liar. So he didn't exactly have the GOP on his side; in fact if you recall, Trump met with both Mitch and Ryan before he had even won the nomination. Even then the country club would have rather had Trump than Cruz and Hillary rather than Trump.  The rest is history.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

If Trump may have committed impeachable acts,  why hasn't the full House voted to begin an impeachment inquiry?    Why should anyone believe the President committed impeachable acts just because Pelosi and Schiff say so?   

Offline OfTheCross

If Trump may have committed impeachable acts,  why hasn't the full House voted to begin an impeachment inquiry?    Why should anyone believe the President committed impeachable acts just because Pelosi and Schiff say so?   

If Schiff and Pelosi find anything in their inquiry, they'll present it to the full House to vote.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline verga

You do know how many guns those folks in the red area's own don't you. 
We get trumps point....do you?
Best not piss us off city boy.
QFT
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

If Schiff and Pelosi find anything in their inquiry, they'll present it to the full House to vote.
Neither want to "find" anything. They are playing the long game. They are using the media to beat him with half truths distortions and innuendos. If you tell a big enough lie.....
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Are you willing to accept such a nakedly partisan standard when it's a Dem President being hounded by a GOP House speaker?   You're aware, are you not, that with both the Nixon and Clinton impeachments,  the full House voted first to authorize the inquiry - and that the vote was bipartisan.    Why don't you support such a imprimatur of legitimacy here? 

Offline OfTheCross

Are you willing to accept such a nakedly partisan standard when it's a Dem President being hounded by a GOP House speaker?   You're aware, are you not, that with both the Nixon and Clinton impeachments,  the full House voted first to authorize the inquiry - and that the vote was bipartisan.    Why don't you support such a imprimatur of legitimacy here?

"On October 30, 1973, the House Judiciary Committee began consideration of the possible impeachment of Richard Nixon.[21] The initial straight party-line votes by a 21–17 margin that established an impeachment inquiry were focused around how extensive the subpoena powers Rodino would have would be.[22]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_process_against_Richard_Nixon#Impeachment_inquiry

"Since Ken Starr had already completed an extensive investigation, the House Judiciary Committee conducted no investigations of its own into Clinton's alleged wrongdoing, and it held no serious impeachment-related hearings before the 1998 midterm elections. Nevertheless, impeachment was one of the major issues in the election."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton#Independent_counsel_investigation

Every situation is different. We're in the fact-finding stage.

Offline verga

Every situation is different. We're in the fact-finding Witch hunt stage.
fixed it for you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Every situation is different. We're in the fact-finding stage.

Why are you afraid to demand that House members stand up and be counted before the witch hunt?   

Offline OfTheCross

Why are you afraid to demand that House members stand up and be counted before the witch hunt?

I don't see this as a witch hunt, for one.

Secondly, they'll all be able to vote on whatever the findings are.

Just because you and the media are in a frenzy over it doesn't mean anything is actually happening.

The only difference between last week and the 2 years before is that Nancy Pelosi said she's on board.