Author Topic: Joe Biden Says An AR-15 Won’t Protect You When The Government Comes To take Your Guns  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But they ARE useful for hunting... At least in the .308...
And a .243 semi-auto would be just about the best critter-gitter for coyotes. Were I still baggin coyotes, I would own one.

Just because it's all dressed up with man-candy doesn't make it any different.

It's like writing and making speeches:  It's all about the audience.  If you're pegging varmits, or if you have to deal with larger game, the choices will vary.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now all you need are some sweet optics.

Goes with it, yes.  The longer the range, the more time and tactical options.   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Ouch!  But true.  The first rule of SHTF is bug out of the city to a defensible position.  My assumption was that part was already accomplished...it took me about 40 years to make that move. tri22

Yeah... Alright. But now you need to work on mobile aspects and caching in case your fortress becomes overrun. It actually takes BOTH modes of thinking.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah... Alright. But now you need to work on mobile aspects and caching in case your fortress becomes overrun. It actually takes BOTH modes of thinking.

It does.  Then there's the neighborhood "militia."  The neighborhood is far more defensible that just my citadel.  There are only two ways in and out.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

It does.  Then there's the neighborhood "militia."  The neighborhood is far more defensible that just my citadel.  There are only two ways in and out.

If I know it's coming, I can take a pickup load or two. If not, I can shove the 25year stuff into the pickup and beat feet... Pickup has a doghouse for the back, and providing I can move and stay hidden, that's enough for a while... Long enough to last a winter and spring, for sure.

But even if I can't do that, I can step off into the woods (300 yds away) with just my go-bag, and head for one of three cache locations, one of which is fortress 2 (or rather, soon to be)... I have a cache there already, deep in hillbilly country... and will hopefully be building there, wholly off-grid.

Eventually, that will be a cabin, and barn, and shop, with another pickup or jeep... all of it fully loaded.

Once that is there, this place will just be for my business, and a place to be if the winter gets tough.

So yeah. A hybrid approach - Both fortress and ranging, in diminishing orders and options...

Offline corbe

This thread is beginning to remind me of some Survivalist catalogue, what do yall know that your not sharing?  :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Axeslinger

This thread is beginning to remind me of some Survivalist catalogue, what do yall know that your not sharing?  :shrug:
If we told you, we’d have to kill you
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Joe hasn't taken into account people like me. Still young enough to fight. Old enough to not give a shit about anyone in "the government" coming to get me.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

I'd prefer to be an uninformed alive azzhole than a dead jackazz.  Thank You. @Axeslinger
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Joe hasn't taken into account people like me. Still young enough to fight. Old enough to not give a shit about anyone in "the government" coming to get me.

If they come it will probably be in the middle of the night and I'll be up peeing anyway so I'll be somewhat alert.

Offline Axeslinger

If I know it's coming, I can take a pickup load or two. If not, I can shove the 25year stuff into the pickup and beat feet... Pickup has a doghouse for the back, and providing I can move and stay hidden, that's enough for a while... Long enough to last a winter and spring, for sure.

But even if I can't do that, I can step off into the woods (300 yds away) with just my go-bag, and head for one of three cache locations, one of which is fortress 2 (or rather, soon to be)... I have a cache there already, deep in hillbilly country... and will hopefully be building there, wholly off-grid.

Eventually, that will be a cabin, and barn, and shop, with another pickup or jeep... all of it fully loaded.

Once that is there, this place will just be for my business, and a place to be if the winter gets tough.

So yeah. A hybrid approach - Both fortress and ranging, in diminishing orders and options...

I’ve got my nice suburban home in one of  the reddest of red towns in NC.  And I also have my cabin within easy driving distance.  While its on decent acreage itself, it also borders a national forest.  And forget finding the cabin, 98% Of people would have a helluva tough time finding THE ROAD to get to it.  I co-own it w my dearest and best friend.   We built it by hand from clearing the trees on up.   Plenty of game, plenty of food stored up there, collect our rain water and filter it, has indoor running water and solar electricity.  Other “things” cached up there too.  We have a mutual plan to get the others family (and our own, of course) if we need to abandon suburbia.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
    I'd prefer to be an uninformed alive azzhole than a dead jackazz.  Thank You. @Axeslinger

My point exactly ass backwards. They send people out there are going to be a lot of uninformed dead azzholes.

"I think you ought to get yourself an M-16."

"Sir, if the time comes I need one, there'll be plenty lying on the ground."

quotes from "We were soldiers"
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Great point. If the feds come for my AR I'll just step out on to the porch and fire a few shotgun blasts into the air.
Do you believe you will be able to hit these guys? 
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Maybe this is what Joe meant when he said an AR-15 is no defense.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I bet someone has those hacked.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Apolloshield. To name one.

Hacking drones is expected to be a $2 billion dollar industry by 2024.

Offline roamer_1

I’ve got my nice suburban home in one of  the reddest of red towns in NC.  And I also have my cabin within easy driving distance.  While its on decent acreage itself, it also borders a national forest.  And forget finding the cabin, 98% Of people would have a helluva tough time finding THE ROAD to get to it.  I co-own it w my dearest and best friend.   We built it by hand from clearing the trees on up.   Plenty of game, plenty of food stored up there, collect our rain water and filter it, has indoor running water and solar electricity.  Other “things” cached up there too.  We have a mutual plan to get the others family (and our own, of course) if we need to abandon suburbia.

I am just about to start something similar - 20 acres of a dear friend's place... And when he kicks it, probably his whole piece, in the name of a shell corp with enough money in it to pay the taxes indefinitely. I have had a cache up close to his place for half my life...

Not really a prepper thing, just sensible for someone who might get caught out... And in fact, even te cabin I am building is more about getting me back in the sticks than it really is a second 'fortress', though it will serve that function.

Anyhow, the place is unusable due to access issues. Which makes it a perfect hidey-hole. I will have to get a tractor over there while the creek is frozen, but nearly all the rest to build it will be taken off the land, or schlepped in on my back. No driveway. Not even a track. But two nice pastures, and a good creek for hydro power... It is fixin to be a fun little adventure, if I can get my legs working right, which is happening, slow but sure.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Am I the only one wanting to see someone ask him if convicted felons with dishonarable discharges who are cokeheads be allowed to own a weapon.

Or even a passport.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
*singing*:
Reach out, reach out and touch someone...

:laugh:
It's the next best thing to being there... :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Maybe the shotgun would be better......

Yeah, I watched that. Whoa. Sh*t.

Now, for ways to confound facial recognition you can carry in your pocket...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis