Author Topic: Today's Toons 9/30/19  (Read 7817 times)

Online pookie18

Today's Toons 9/30/19
« on: September 30, 2019, 08:17:39 am »

Click below for related story:

Click below for related audio:

Click for related story:

Click below for related video:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter C:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

National Football League executives were stunned Sunday by the sparse fan attendance at the home opening games in Carolina, Miami and Cleveland. It looked pathetic. CNN reasoned that their stadiums were half-empty because fans are protesting that no one has signed Colin Kaepernick.

Florida's attorney general announced Thursday she'll challenge the legality of a referendum to legalize the use of marijuana, despite how well it's doing for other states' revenue. Colorado is making so much money on pot sales, they can now afford a cocaine habit.

The Democratic National Committee hosted the Democratic presidential candidates' debate in Houston. TV viewers got to watch three hours of people standing behind a lectern and reciting liberal talking points. It was like the Emmy Awards show except no one's wearing a tuxedo.

ABC News anchors moderated the Democratic presidential debate in Houston with one candidate after the other promising you free health care, free child care, free college, all the way to eternal life. How far left are this year's candidates? The gay Episcopalian is the conservative.

Houston held a Democratic debate where Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren told how they'll defeat Trump. They remind me of the big game hunter ruminating in his trophy room over exactly where to mount the head of the tiger he was planning to shoot. The tiger has other ideas.

New York held its annual remembrance of the World Trade Center attack on September 11, covered live on TV. The occasion was an intersection of history and opportunity for CNN. President Trump was at the World Trade Center ceremony and CNN did everything but fly into him to bring him down.

Tropical Storm Humberto missed hitting the Bahamas as it skirted northward well off the shores of Florida. It appears that high pressure will prevent Humberto from entering the U.S. AOC is calling the high pressure system racist and demanding that Trump grant asylum to Humberto.

The Emmy Awards will be telecast live from The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on CBS Sunday night. Television viewers will get to hear all the acceptance speeches from the winners of Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and Best Producer. The Republican response will be Monday.

President Trump vowed to use the EPA to clean up the streets of San Francisco of all the filth and homeless litter and drug-cut water. The media just snarled. Trump could come running out of a burning building carrying a baby he rescued and CNN would rip him for appearing in blackface.

-- Argus Hamilton

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Today's Toons 9/30/19
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 09:43:35 am »
Toons!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 11:19:04 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 12:19:30 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 12:43:52 pm »
Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online pookie18

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 02:22:27 pm »

Online pookie18

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 02:22:53 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Online pookie18

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 02:23:14 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!

My pleasure, Polly Ticks!

Online pookie18

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 02:23:41 pm »
Thank you Pookie

You're welcome, as always, Verga!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 03:08:41 pm »
Very observant, Mr. Kotter CL!

I was awake before 3AM, so I wanted to be the first comment!  Great toons and extras, Pookie!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online pookie18

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 03:34:55 pm »
I was awake before 3AM, so I wanted to be the first comment!  Great toons and extras, Pookie!!

Glad you liked 'em, CL! You're #1! You're #1!

Offline ricebug

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2019, 04:02:41 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

Online pookie18

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2019, 04:35:11 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2019, 07:36:52 pm »
Glad you liked 'em, CL! You're #1! You're #1!
He beat the ping!  :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis