Author Topic: Complaint From So-Called ‘Whistleblower’ Is Riddled With Gossip, Blatant Falsehoods  (Read 156 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Complaint From So-Called ‘Whistleblower’ Is Riddled With Gossip, Blatant Falsehoods
The Federalist, Sep 28, 2019, Sean Davis

The formal complaint from an anti-Trump “whistleblower” alleging various crimes by President Donald Trump is riddled with third-hand gossip and outright falsehoods. The document was declassified by Trump Wednesday evening and released to the public Thursday morning. The complaint, which was delivered to the chairmen of the House and Senate intelligence committees, follows the same template used in the infamous and debunked Clinton campaign-funded Steele dossier.

Rather than provide direct evidence that was witnessed or obtained firsthand by the complainant, the document instead combines gossip from various anonymous individuals, public media reports, and blatant misstatements of fact and law in service of a narrative that is directly contradicted by underlying facts. A footnote in the document even boasts about its use of “ample open-source information.”

Contrary to news reports asserting that the complaint included volumes of information incriminating Trump, it is instead based entirely on the president’s July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and various public media reports.

“I was not a direct witness to most of the events” characterized in the document, the complainant confesses on the first page. Instead, the complainant notes, the document is based on conversations with “more than half a dozen U.S. officials.” Those officials are not named, and their positions are not identified anywhere in the letter.

Read more:  https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/26/complaint-from-so-called-whistleblower-is-riddled-with-gossip-blatant-falsehoods/

Online Right_in_Virginia

This is a thorough appraisal of Shiff's  um .. the "whistleblower's" complaint.  Well worth reading.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Do we know how this leaker's complaint became public?

Online Right_in_Virginia

Do we know how this leaker's complaint became public?

The President authorized the release of the transcript of the call and the complaint @Sanguine

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The President authorized the release of the transcript of the call and the complaint @Sanguine

Yes, I got that, I mean how do we even know there was a complaint?  Why/who made that public?  (Hint, I suspect it's Schiff's office, just wanted to know if we know this.)