Author Topic: Student Wins Lawsuit Over Boston College’s Mishandling Of Sexual Assault Claim  (Read 547 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2019/09/25/student-wins-lawsuit-boston-colleges-mishandling-sexual-assault-claim/

Student Wins Lawsuit Over Boston College’s Mishandling Of Sexual Assault Claim

A student who sued Boston College over its mishandling of a sexual assault allegation against him won a $100,000 judgment. The case is considered legally significant because it is the first lawsuit to reach a jury since the Obama administration altered rules for adjudicating sexual assault allegations back in 2011.

The male student, known only as John Doe, was a senior working for the student newspaper in 2012. He was asked to cover an event involving a student group from the school gathered on a cruise ship. Inside Higher Education published this account of the underlying claim of assault that became the basis for the lawsuit:

According to Doe’s original lawsuit, there were more than 600 people on the ship, and the event was crowded. As Doe made his way across a dance floor on one of the decks, a female student, referred to as AB in court documents, turned around and began screaming at Doe. AB reported later that someone had digitally penetrated her anus with at least two fingers.
A few minutes after Doe reached his friends, security guards on the ship came and detained him until the ship docked. Massachusetts State Police then arrested Doe. Officers placed plastic bags on his hands to preserve any physical evidence on them and kept him in custody overnight after taking swabs of his fingers and clothes. He was subsequently charged with indecent assault and battery.

Charges were eventually dropped against John Doe because a DNA test did not find any of the victim’s DNA on his hands. In addition, “surveillance footage of the ship revealed Doe was at least four feet away from AB when the assault likely occurred.”

However, the school rushed forward with its own internal judicial process without waiting for the police investigation to be completed. Doe was found responsible by the school and suspended for more than a year. He later returned and completed his degree.

If I understand this correctly, this is what happened:

* On a crowded noisy party boat the accused guy walked behind a woman;

* She turned around angrily and accused him of manually sodomizing her;

* Police were called, the accused was arrested, samples were collected from his hands and clothes, security tapes were obtained;

* The samples were sent out for DNA testing and an initial report filed, with some significant errors as to what the woman claimed;

* Boston College obtained the partly errant police report and suspended the accused guy, in part based on the error(s) in the report, without learning what the security tapes showed, and before the DNA test results were received;

* The DNA test show no sign of contact between the accuser and the accused;

* The security tape showed the accused guy did not come within 4 feet of the woman;

* Because the evidence proved the accused guy did nothing, charges were dropped;

* After having been suspended for over a year, the wrongly accused guy was able to return to Boston College and complete his degree.

IMO, $100K is wa-a-a-aaaayyyyyyyy too little for Boston College having stolen more than a year of the guy's life and helping put him through Hell during that time.

Universities should not be allowed to be a means of bypassing the criminal court system with its due process protections. As has been shown in lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit, that is exactly what universities have been doing, enabling activist educrats to act out their hatred of men.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Likely the daughter of a well-heeled family demanded action of the college, and it delivered.
Regardless whether it was in error
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline verga

Universities should not be allowed to be a means of bypassing the criminal court system with its due process protections. As has been shown in lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit, that is exactly what universities have been doing, enabling activist educrats to act out their hatred of men.
Not just universities. Look at what Nick Sandman went through from their high school. Everyone is so anxious to appear "woke" that they jump to the wrong conclusion before waiting for all the evidence to be in. Consequently the world is turned upside down and good people have their names dragged through the mud and Antifa is held up as heros and not labeled the domestic terror organization they are for over 6 months. Jussie Smollett is brave and beautiful and thousands of dollars and man hours are wasted while the media sings his praises. Give me a freaking break.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

I do not intend to be gross, but there is an aspect of the woman's claim, that someone manually sodomized her while simply walking by, that seems improbable. It does not seem possible to me for that to be done that quickly, however she might have been clothed. So I think there's something false or omitted from her story, and neither possibility leaves her an innocent victim.

Also, while charges were dropped against the accused guy, because security video proved he had not been within four feet of her, there is no mention of another person having been charged or caught in the act by the video. That, too, strikes me as odd and as reflecting poorly on the woman.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I do not intend to be gross, but there is an aspect of the woman's claim, that someone manually sodomized her while simply walking by, that seems improbable. It does not seem possible to me for that to be done that quickly, however she might have been clothed. So I think there's something false or omitted from her story, and neither possibility leaves her an innocent victim.

Also, while charges were dropped against the accused guy, because security video proved he had not been within four feet of her, there is no mention of another person having been charged or caught in the act by the video. That, too, strikes me as odd and as reflecting poorly on the woman.

Good deductions.... perhaps another false rape claim.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online mountaineer

I do not intend to be gross, but there is an aspect of the woman's claim, that someone manually sodomized her while simply walking by, that seems improbable. It does not seem possible to me for that to be done that quickly, however she might have been clothed.
Perhaps she's the vice-mayor of a certain AZ town. @Cyber Liberty  what do you think?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Perhaps she's the vice-mayor of a certain AZ town. @Cyber Liberty  what do you think?

The gal I met seemed a tad too...friendly.   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: