Author Topic: Jeff Flake says 'at least 35' Republican senators would privately vote to impeach Trump  (Read 450 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jeff Flake says 'at least 35' Republican senators would privately vote to impeach Trump
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Former Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake made a bold claim on Thursday when he said "at least 35" GOP senators would privately vote for President Trump's impeachment.

Appearing at the 2019 Texas Tribune Festival, Flake, a frequent critic of the president, offered his own reaction and predicted that close to three dozen Republican senators would back impeachment.

"I heard someone say if there were a private vote there would be 30 Republican votes. That's not true," Flake said during a Q&A. "There would be at least 35."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/jeff-flake-35-gop-senators-impeach-trump
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 02:01:58 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Before or after hearing the charges and having a trial?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't believe this for a second...even if this is true and that's a big F it would be political suicide for whoever voted to convict their own Repub President
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I don't believe this for a second...even if this is true and that's a big F it would be political suicide for whoever voted to convict their own Repub President

It's not true ... Senators are coming out firmly for the President ... promising to be the voice of reason.  The NYT was reduced to running an article on how Mitt Romney is the "lonely" Republican voicing concern.

As Republicans Face Impeachment Dilemma, Romney is a Lonely Voice of Concern
NY Times, Sep 26, 2019

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/politics/republicans-mitt-romney-trump-impeachment.html

« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 02:13:15 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Schitt read his fictional creation.

Real Republican conservatives called him on it, but not Romney.
Bye-By iden and his mentor Obama, hve probably been plotting with Romney since McCain died.

Derschwitz states there are no legal  grounds.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

Isn't that what he is saying though? If it was a "private" vote, they would vote against him.

We know that the senators fear Trump's mouth breather base and will wait for cover before they Julius Caesar him.

If and when that fear dissipates, they will show how much they loathe him.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Isn't that what he is saying though? If it was a "private" vote, they would vote against him.

We know that the senators fear Trump's mouth breather base and will wait for cover before they Julius Caesar him.

Between them and the House GOP, they saw to it bloody little happened when they had the majority.

We know they don't give a d@mn what the people think. They've proven that.

They need new jobs. Digging ditches, pumping porta potties, flipping burgers...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@mystery-ak  I didn't want you to miss this charming reply to your post.

Offline verga

His last name says it all.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Senators don't vote for impeachment. They vote for conviction, which is not going to happen. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn