Author Topic: In Shock Decision, Judge Reverses Conviction Of Michael Flynn’s Lobbying Partner  (Read 650 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In Shock Decision, Judge Reverses Conviction Of Michael Flynn’s Lobbying Partner

Chuck Ross
Investigative Reporter
September 24, 2019 5:31 PM ET

In a surprise move Tuesday, a federal judge in Virginia acquitted Bijan Rafiekian, a former business partner of Michael Flynn’s who was convicted in July in a case spun off from the special counsel’s investigation.

Rafiekian, who served as vice chairman of Flynn Intel Group, was convicted July 23 of illegally lobbying on behalf of the Turkish government and conspiring to violate the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).

But Judge Anthony Trenga reversed the jury decision in a 39-page ruling, saying the government’s evidence against Rafiekian “was insufficient as a matter of law” to justify conviction on either count.

He also ruled that Rafiekian would face a new trial if the government successfully appeals the acquittal.

The decision is the latest in a series of setbacks against the Justice Department in cases spun off from the special counsel’s probe.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/24/michael-flynn-lobby-partner-reverse/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Can dismissal of the Flynn plea deals be far behind?  Sidney Powell is doing a bang-up job.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Can dismissal of the Flynn plea deals be far behind?  Sidney Powell is doing a bang-up job.

I sure hope so. Sidney Powell is great.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I sure hope so. Sidney Powell is great.

She is!  I want to have her baby. :smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline verga

Yeah but where does he go to get his reputation back, and how doe she recoup the money he spent defending himself from malicious prosecution?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.