Author Topic: Mitt Romney adviser sits on Burisma board of directors  (Read 470 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mitt Romney adviser sits on Burisma board of directors
« on: September 26, 2019, 01:20:00 pm »
Mitt Romney adviser sits on Burisma board of directors

By Thomas Lifson September 26, 2019

Well, this is certainly an odd coincidence! In fact, when you dig in, you find an amazing series of coincidences. If you believe in coincidences when the CIA is involved, that is.

Mitt Romney’s national security advisor in his 2012 campaign -- a career CIA spook who rose to its top levels -- sits on the board of directors of Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company that formerly paid Hunter Biden $50k a month despite his complete lack of credentials or qualifications.

And it also an odd coincidence that Mitt has as CNN puts it “been a lone Republican voice expressing concern about President Donald Trump's July phone call with Volodymyr Zelensky in which Trump asked Ukraine's President to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his family.”...

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/09/mitt_romney_adviser_sits_on_burisma_board_of_directors.html
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Mitt Romney adviser sits on Burisma board of directors
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 01:20:34 pm »
The picture just got quite a bit clearer.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 10:45:49 pm »
The picture just got quite a bit clearer.

It sure did!

I can't believe I actually thought he was a decent guy, not someone I would agree with on a lot of things but still a decent guy. I always wondered why his former partner in their capital venture business wouldn't vote for him. It all becomes clear.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 11:55:37 pm »
I hope this bites him in the a$$.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 11:59:52 pm »
Doh!

The more you look into it the more the ‘principled opposition’ to trump stinks of crass self interest.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 12:04:39 am »
It sure did!

I can't believe I actually thought he was a decent guy, not someone I would agree with on a lot of things but still a decent guy. I always wondered why his former partner in their capital venture business wouldn't vote for him. It all becomes clear.

@bilo don't feel bad, I actually thought Mitt was a decent guy as well. I now find him despicable and he should have a special place in Hillary's basket of deplorables.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 12:27:39 am »
@bilo don't feel bad, I actually thought Mitt was a decent guy as well. I now find him despicable and he should have a special place in Hillary's basket of deplorables.

You know it's the definition of irony. I didn't vote for Trump because I thought he couldn't be trusted. I figured he was the typical two faced politician. He would say one thing during the campaign and then embrace the leftists once he was elected. I was so wrong. He is exactly who he said he was. He may not be "perfectly genteel" but he's honest!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 01:59:20 am »
As Republicans Face Impeachment Dilemma, Romney is a Lonely Voice of Concern
NY Times, Sep 26, 2019

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/politics/republicans-mitt-romney-trump-impeachment.html

And now we know why he's concerned.   :smokin:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 02:20:09 am »
You know it's the definition of irony. I didn't vote for Trump because I thought he couldn't be trusted. I figured he was the typical two faced politician. He would say one thing during the campaign and then embrace the leftists once he was elected. I was so wrong. He is exactly who he said he was. He may not be "perfectly genteel" but he's honest!

It’s an amazing thing, trusting a politician to do what he promised, or die trying.

With all the opposition and treachery that surrounds this president I’m impressed with how much Trump’s gotten done. I don’t expect 100%, considering the overwhelming challenges he faces, every damn day, and yet keeps fighting. I really appreciate his work and commitment.

We dodged two bullets in ‘16: Nominee Jeb! and Madam President.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 02:21:32 am »
And now we know why he's concerned.   :smokin:

It’s troubling.

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 03:00:26 am »
It’s an amazing thing, trusting a politician to do what he promised, or die trying.

With all the opposition and treachery that surrounds this president I’m impressed with how much Trump’s gotten done. I don’t expect 100%, considering the overwhelming challenges he faces, every damn day, and yet keeps fighting. I really appreciate his work and commitment.

We dodged two bullets in ‘16: Nominee Jeb! and Madam President.

I have come to appreciate his work and commitment as well. I never realized how far reaching the corruption of our govt was until Trump started trying to get things done. I suspect there are a lot of people like me who didn't initially support Trump who now do. The way he's been treated from day one is not only wrong, it's disgusting. What is really surprising is he not only keeps fighting, in his rough no holds barred style, he wins.