Author Topic: European Winter brought forward to October 5 this Year — Arctic Blast set to deliver plunging Temps  (Read 866 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Electroverse September 22, 2019 Cap Allon

European Winter brought forward to October 5 this Year — Arctic Blast set to deliver plunging Temps and Heavy Early-Season Snow

Don’t believe NOAA’s cherry-picked, UHI-ignoring global thermometer data. Instead, trust in the Electric Universe Model and prepare for the cold…

We’re admittedly a long way off, but latest GFS runs are forecasting a brutal beginning to October for the majority of Europe, with widespread plunging temps and large accumulations of early-season snow building over higher elevations.

The cold is on course to descend during the first week of October, with temperature departures of more than 20C below average in store for regions like the Balkans, located to the SE.

The Balkans are also set to see the largest snowfalls.

Over 3 feet of powder is forecast for the mountainous regions of southern Serbia, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia and Montenegro between Friday, Oct 04 thru Monday, Oct 07.

The Alps are also set for similarly shocking totals, as is Central/Northern Norway.

While Scotland, and even Northern England, are on course for some settling early-October snow, too.

More: https://electroverse.net/winter-in-europe-brought-forward-to-october-5-this-year/

Offline Applewood

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Wow.

What an incredibly irresponsible clickbait article. And, as I suspected, it's basically taking a single model run's forecast 12 days out as gospel. Now, granted, forecast models are getting better each year, but especially given that snowfall totals are the one statistic that models have an incredibly hard time forecasting correctly even in the short range, only a fool would start screaming "the sky is falling" this far out. (EDIT: Or a site trying to get people worked up in a panic so they'll buy their survivalist gear. Ah, yes. This site is the latter.)

And with that, I get off my meteorologist soapbox.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 02:48:23 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"If it bleeds, it leads." Or if it freezes,  or blows, or floods, or anything to alarm and/or scare people.

Clicks = $$, now that journalism is dead, and failing to sell so-called news.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods, it was 88 degrees yesterday.   A bit warmish for western PA.   A week ago, a local weather puppy predicted we would be in the 60s.  So much for his prediction.

@jmyrlefuller   You are right.  Meteorologists can't predict the weather day to day.  How do they know what is going to happen a week or a month from now?   Sure they can watch for certain weather patterns and treads and they have computers which can generate prediction models.  But weather doesn't follow computer models, patterns and trends.  Anything can happen at anytime.

I'm glad we have the technology to forecast tornados and hurricanes.  Years ago, they used to strike without warning.  But the other predictions such as this one are just alarmist BS. 

Offline verga

Dammit Jim. I'm' a doctor, not a meteorologist.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online roamer_1

Wow.

What an incredibly irresponsible clickbait article. And, as I suspected, it's basically taking a single model run's forecast 12 days out as gospel.

What's the Almanac say?

Online roamer_1

Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods, it was 88 degrees yesterday.   A bit warmish for western PA.   A week ago, a local weather puppy predicted we would be in the 60s.  So much for his prediction.

We're fixin to get our first hard freeze next week... dippin into the 20s at night.

Offline Applewood

We're fixin to get our first hard freeze next week... dippin into the 20s at night.

That's the prediction today.  Expect it to change by tomorrow.  LOL

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Applewood wrote:
"Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods, it was 88 degrees yesterday.   A bit warmish for western PA.   A week ago, a local weather puppy predicted we would be in the 60s.  So much for his prediction."

I knew the 3 warm days were coming, because I use the 10-day forecast which you can find right here:
wunderground.com
Perhaps the best spot on the net to keep your own "eye on the weather".
It's the top bookmark on my list.

It was 88 here today, will be about 74 tomorrow.

Offline dfwgator

Maybe Greta will get stuck in it.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Monroe, WA breaks its all-Time September Low Temperature Record TWICE in two days

https://electroverse.net/monroe-washington-breaks-its-all-time-september-low-temperature-record-twice-in-two-days/

According to official NOAA data, a new Lowest Minimum Temperature for the month of September was set at Monroe, WA on Tues, Sept 17. The mercury dipped to -1.7C (29F) which busted the previous record low of -1.1C (30F) set back in 1970.

Furthermore, that previous record low was broken for a second time just a day later, when the temperature again hit the -1.7C (29F) mark on Wed, Sept 18.

Those two readings of -1.7C are now in the books as the coldest September temperatures ever recorded in the city of Monroe, WA since it began keeping official records back in 1929.

More at link.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Weekend snow threatens 30+ CM, winter storm watches issued

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/fall-snow-storm-for-western-canada-alberta-saskatchewan-swath-of-heavy-snow-dangerous-winter-driving-tree-damage-power-outages

The Weather Network Wednesday, September 25th 2019

- An early fall snowstorm could make for some treacherous winter travel across parts of the Prairies this weekend.

It'll shortly feel like the Prairies skipped a season, jumping directly to winter this weekend in the western Prairies, including a blast of measurable snow that will put some September snowfall records in jeopardy. We take a look at the abrupt change, and why there's concern for tree damage and power outages this weekend, below.

For parts of the Prairies, this brewing storm has the potential to be talked about for years to come. Even the U.S. National Weather Service, which is watching its effects south of the international border, said it has the potential to become the 'new benchmark' in winter storm watches issued for parts of Montana.

Environment Canada also issued winter storm watches for parts of extreme southwestern Alberta, ahead of what is expected to be a long-duration snowfall event lasting from late Friday to early Monday morning, with hefty amounts along an area stretching from Alberta's southwest through to southern Saskatchewan.

"This may be the most snow you see through the fall, and even the winter, months through this season ahead," Weather Network meteorologist Tyler Hamilton said Wednesday evening.

Offline Idiot

Weekend snow threatens 30+ CM, winter storm watches issued

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/fall-snow-storm-for-western-canada-alberta-saskatchewan-swath-of-heavy-snow-dangerous-winter-driving-tree-damage-power-outages

The Weather Network Wednesday, September 25th 2019
Heck...we can't get out of the 90's here in Texas....not that I'm complaining...it's been wonderful!

Online roamer_1

We'll have snow by the weekend...

Offline Applewood

Better run to the store for toilet paper.  LOL

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Amazing.  We're hoping to get down to the 60's at night here.  That extended spring turned into an extended summer.  With an accompanying drought.

Online roamer_1

Better run to the store for toilet paper.  LOL

Naw... I'm alright. I haven't bought paper products since spring, and won't have to again till next year.
I flat DON'T  run out of toilet paper.   happy77

:beer:

Online roamer_1

Amazing.  We're hoping to get down to the 60's at night here.  That extended spring turned into an extended summer.  With an accompanying drought.

We never did dry out.  Crazy strange seeing the leaves turning on the trees over bright green grass. It's been a good year. And all I have left to do for winter is fix the plow truck...

Offline Applewood

Naw... I'm alright. I haven't bought paper products since spring, and won't have to again till next year.
I flat DON'T  run out of toilet paper.   happy77

:beer:

You're like me.  Always have a stash of paper products in the basement.  But in western PA where I live, it's a running joke.  All the local weather person has to do is say the word "snow," and hordes of people descend on the stores to buy toilet paper...and other stuff such as milk and bread.  Ok, milk and bread go bad, so you don't keep a huge stock of it, but toilet paper?  Do people really only buy one roll at a time?   *****rollingeyes*****

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
  Ok, milk and bread go bad, so you don't keep a huge stock of it, but toilet paper?  Do people really only buy one roll at a time?   *****rollingeyes*****

I seem to recall a Johnny Carson quip that caused a nationwide run on TP.  You couldn't find a square to spare anywhere. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

Ok, milk and bread go bad, so you don't keep a huge stock of it, but toilet paper?  Do people really only buy one roll at a time?   *****rollingeyes*****

Not me. I can rough it pretty well... But toilet paper is something I set store by. Even if I were low (which just don't happen) I can still raid my truck or my van, or my go-bag. All of them have partial rolls (space saving)... That's one thing folks probably don't think about going back up in the bush for a long time... Last-toilet-paper day is a somber moment.