Author Topic: Proclamation on the Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons who Threaten Vene  (Read 214 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Proclamation on the Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons who Threaten Venezuela’s Democratic Institutions

Immigration

Issued on: September 25, 2019

Share:

menuAll News

There remains a political and humanitarian crisis in Venezuela due to the continued failure of Nicolas Maduro, Maduro regime officials, and others to support the rule of law.  Given the importance to the United States of fostering the functioning of constitutional government and democratic institutions in Venezuela, I have determined that it is in the interest of the United States to take action to restrict and suspend the entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of senior members of the regime of Nicolas Maduro and others described in this proclamation who formulate, implement, or benefit from policies or actions that undermine or injure Venezuela’s democratic institutions or impede the restoration of constitutional government to Venezuela.  This suspension is not intended to apply to those who cease these actions and who take concrete steps to help return Venezuela to a functioning, democratic country.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 212(f) and 215(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) (8 U.S.C. 1182(f) and 1185(a)) and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, hereby find that the unrestricted immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of persons described in section 1 of this proclamation would, except as provided for in section 4 of this proclamation, be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and that their entry should be subject to certain restrictions, limitations, and exceptions.  I therefore hereby proclaim the following:

Section 1.  Suspension and Limitation on Entry.  The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of the following persons is hereby suspended:

(a)  Members of the regime of Nicolas Maduro at the level of Vice Minister, or equivalent, and above;

More at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-persons-threaten-venezuelas-democratic-institutions/

So, this pertains mainly to those who enrich themselves down there, they busted some Venezuelan official, had a posh home in Florida I believe. A lot of that going around.