Author Topic: Senate Votes to End Emergency Border Wall Funding  (Read 265 times)

Offline OfTheCross

Senate Votes to End Emergency Border Wall Funding
« on: September 25, 2019, 07:43:39 pm »
The U.S. Senate voted 54-41 Wednesday to end President Donald Trump’s declaration of a national emergency and stop the diversion of military funds to pay for a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border, setting up another veto showdown.

The Senate first voted in favor of ending the emergency declaration in March, by a margin of 59-41. At least a dozen Republican Senators went against the president during and supported blocking his use of emergency powers.

However, Trump vetoed that vote and the House was unable to override him. He is expected to issue another veto of Wednesday’s vote.

courthousenews
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Senate Votes to End Emergency Border Wall Funding
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 11:33:56 pm »
Mr. Trump had better veto this.
I don't think there are enough foolish Republicans in the Senate to sustain an override.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 01:59:40 am »
Mr. Trump had better veto this.
I don't think there are enough foolish Republicans in the Senate to sustain an override.

I think that it's likely that he'll veto it again. But the way things are going who knows..
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 04:44:59 am »
So @OfTheCross since your are from Florida...what part of Florida should we start our wall?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 06:31:28 am »
While he’s at it veto any short term funding shenanigans.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy