Author Topic: Senate GOP vows to quash impeachment articles  (Read 200 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate GOP vows to quash impeachment articles
« on: September 24, 2019, 10:47:49 pm »
Senate GOP vows to quash impeachment articles
By Alexander Bolton - 09/24/19 06:25 PM EDT

Senate Republicans are vowing to quickly quash any articles of impeachment that pass the House and warn that Democrats will feel a political backlash if they go forward and impeach President Trump.

Republican senators say there are no grounds to impeach Trump and are daring Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to embark on what they dismiss as a fool’s errand that will turn off swing voters.

“My response to them is go hard or go home,” said Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has jurisdiction over impeachment.  “If you want to impeach him, stop talking. Do it. Do it. Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it. And let’s get after it.”

“I think the public will feel like it’s more harassment,” he predicted.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/462890-senate-gop-vows-to-quash-impeachment-articles
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:48:38 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Senate GOP vows to quash impeachment articles
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 10:50:58 pm »
Of course.

Online libertybele

Re: Senate GOP vows to quash impeachment articles
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 11:35:58 pm »
...hmmm I'm not quite so confident that some of the GOP Senators aren't going to go along with impeachment.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.