Author Topic: Trump defiant in face of impeachment inquiry  (Read 822 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump defiant in face of impeachment inquiry
« on: September 24, 2019, 10:50:27 pm »
Trump defiant in face of impeachment inquiry
By Morgan Chalfant and Brett Samuels - 09/24/19 06:39 PM EDT

President Trump on Tuesday offered to release a transcript of his call with Ukraine’s president to prove he’d done nothing improper, even as he blasted Democrats for launching an impeachment inquiry and insisted it would lead to his reelection.

Trump branded the inquiry a “continuation of the witch hunt,” reviving his derisive moniker for former special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

In the immediate aftermath of Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) announcement, he unleashed a cascade of tweets from Trump Tower, where he was taking a break from United Nations meetings. He decried the impeachment move as “presidential harassment” and “Witch Hunt garbage.” He then shared a campaign video that featured clips of various prominent Democrats who had previously expressed openness to impeachment.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/462893-trump-defiant-in-face-of-impeachment-inquiry
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump defiant in face of impeachment inquiry
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 10:57:43 pm »
I read judge Nap says a crime committed was admited to.

There may be an exception to this, I think the transcript of the call will clear it up. What judge Nap said is not absolute, release the rranscript. I'm thinking Trump gets out of this.

Surreal situation.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 11:00:24 pm »
We'll see. I'll respect the Democrats if they throw everything into this. But if they try to go at with with only the Ukraine angle I don't think they'll get anywhere.

They probably won't get anywhere either way, but at least everything will be on record.

To me, since it's meant to die in the Senate, if even a couple of Republicans vote to impeach it's a win for the Dems
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 11:09:45 pm »
For better or worse,  I am glad to see the President fighting back.   Here he is, at the United Nations, speaking out about Iranian aggression,  and the Dems are stepping up their craziness to ruin the man.  Witch hunt indeed.  When there is so much important stuff to be done that the Dems just don't give a flying f--- about..  When the Ukrainian government says that it was never pressured. 

Let this consume the Democrats.  If it consumes Trump too,  better it happen sooner rather than later.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 11:10:56 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 11:24:17 pm »

There may be an exception to this, I think the transcript of the call will clear it up. What judge Nap said is not absolute, release the rranscript. I'm thinking Trump gets out of this.

Surreal situation.

Except the original complaint does not hinge solely on the one phone call. Also, Michael Atkinson, the IG who recommended notification of Congress, was appointed by Trump, last year. That takes a lot of wind out of the sails for a partisan argument.

Atkinson made clear that he disagreed with a lawyer for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, who had contradicted the inspector general and found that the whistleblower complaint did not meet the statutory definition of an urgent concern because it involved a matter not under the DNI’s jurisdiction.

Atkinson told lawmakers that he disagreed with that analysis — meaning he felt the matter was under the DNI’s purview — and also that it was urgent “in the common understanding of the word,” the person said.

Atkinson told the committee that the complaint did not stem from just one conversation, according to two people familiar with his testimony.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/whistleblower-complaint-about-president-trump-involves-ukraine-according-to-two-people-familiar-with-the-matter/ar-AAHyi0V
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 11:25:32 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 11:24:42 pm »
We need to learn the facts before jumping to any conclusions.  Trump may well have buried himself. Or it could be another political fantasy.  More information is needed.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 11:40:00 pm »
The democrats have one sole focus ..... video at link:

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump4President/videos/490567854832464/

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 11:41:28 pm »
We need to learn the facts before jumping to any conclusions.  Trump may well have buried himself. Or it could be another political fantasy.  More information is needed.

Are you saying the President burying himself is your political fantasy?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 11:45:23 pm »
We'll see. I'll respect the Democrats if they throw everything into this. But if they try to go at with with only the Ukraine angle I don't think they'll get anywhere.

They probably won't get anywhere either way, but at least everything will be on record.

To me, since it's meant to die in the Senate, if even a couple of Republicans vote to impeach it's a win for the Dems
I'll never respect any Democrat, except maybe Joe Lieberman.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 11:47:08 pm »

Except the original complaint does not hinge solely on the one phone call.

Says who?

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 11:48:00 pm »
We'll see. I'll respect the Democrats if they throw everything into this.

Define "everything".

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 12:19:03 am »
Says who?

Says the IG and the whistleblower. Read the link that was provided to you or just peruse the excerpt.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:20:28 am by edpc »

Offline mrclose

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 12:29:48 am »

Surreal situation.

The crime .. in the sodomite Judges mind is that Trump didn't make him the AG!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 12:47:24 am »
Both the Dim's and GOP are solely in Washington to enrich themselves.

They have figured out the way to win elections and to stay on the gravy train is to engage in endless Kabuki Theater.

If Obama's name was replaced for Trump's in the Ukrainian story during his term everybody would change masks the GOP would be demanding impeachment, the Dims would be saying move on nothing to see here.... :shrug:

The politicians of both parties have a very low opinion of their base and know the rubes eat the idiocy up....

Offline mrclose

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 01:12:37 am »

If Obama's name was replaced for Trump's in the Ukrainian story during his term everybody would change masks the GOP would be demanding impeachment, the Dims would be saying move on nothing to see here.... :shrug:

Except the fact that the Biden corruption Did take place under obama's watch and no GOP'er demanded impeachment!

Hell, No GOP'er demanded impeachment for any of obama's ... many impeachable crimes!
~ Self

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2019, 01:13:12 am »

Says the IG and the whistleblower. Read the link that was provided to you or just peruse the excerpt.

Ah, come on, everything you are basing your accusations on are from unnamed sources.  The IG isn't clear, presents nothing of substance to support his opinion.  The whistleblower is an unknown political operative who hasn't been interviewed by anyone in the press or the government so any quote from or about him or her is meaningless because we don't know if it's a fabrication from thin air or twisted facts.

You're getting just a little ahead of yourself.  Perhaps you should consider pacing yourself and hold off convicting the President for a day or two.

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2019, 01:15:47 am »
What an effing circus  9999hair out0000

BREAKING: Speaker Pelosi was shot down by her caucus in her bid to form one impeachment committee, similar to the Hyde Committee or the Rodino Committee, and capitulated to no fewer than 6 committee chairs to jointly "lead" the investigation, including volatile Rep. Maxine Waters— Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) September 24, 2019

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2019, 01:20:17 am »

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2019, 01:30:20 am »
After 2 years of an independent counsel investigation that found no collusion, we’re now going to have more turmoil and strife based on a transcript no one has read, a “whistleblower” report no one has seen, all thanks to a person no one knows.— Ari Fleischer (@AriFleischer) September 24, 2019

@edpc

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:33:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 01:30:56 am »
Ah, come on, everything you are basing your accusations on are from unnamed sources.  The IG isn't clear, presents nothing of substance to support his opinion.  The whistleblower is an unknown political operative who hasn't been interviewed by anyone in the press or the government so any quote from or about him or her is meaningless because we don't know if it's a fabrication from thin air or twisted facts.

You're getting just a little ahead of yourself.  Perhaps you should consider pacing yourself and hold off convicting the President for a day or two.

The story is four days old. That information was out there, before the developments of the past couple days. The whistleblower submitted the report in August. This has only happened, because of the administration efforts to block the release to the committees. We are only to this point, because of that miscalculation.

Law requires the notification of Congress, when this Trump appointed IG deemed it necessary. Whatever motives you want to assign to the whistleblower, the IG thought it was important enough to warrant disclosure. We may find out the contents of the complaint, later this week. That’s only because of pressure from the right flank, which developed today.

Senate Unanimously Votes For Resolution Demanding Whistleblower Complaint

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/senate-unanimous-vote-resolution-whistleblower-trump-administration
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:32:56 am by edpc »

Offline mrclose

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 02:00:06 am »
Report That IG Found Whistleblower Had Political Bias

Fox News (Hannity and Ed Henry) are reporting that White House officials Have revealed that the inspector general found political bias by the alleged whistleblower, and that their whistleblower supported an unnamed 2020 Democrat candidate.

Sources are also reported that there is no smoking gun in the transcript of the telephone call with the Ukrainian president; that there are approximately three lines that could create a headache for the president, but do not constitute any type of quid pro quo or intimidation.

https://outline.com/r3HqfR

~ Self

Offline Absalom

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 02:31:27 am »
-------------------------
But don't forget Jefferson, Madison and Monroe!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 02:37:05 am »
Both the Dim's and GOP are solely in Washington to enrich themselves.
They have figured out the way to win elections and to stay on the gravy train is to engage in endless Kabuki Theater.
The politicians of both parties have a very low opinion of their base and know the rubes eat the idiocy up....
-------------------------------
Indeed and has been so for a century!!!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 02:55:36 am »

I did too............ until he tried to keep the military votes from being counted in Florida.

He'll never get my respect after that.  He tried to disenfranchise the very people who are keeping us free.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 02:58:07 am »
Rep. Doug Collins
Verified accountï‚™ @RepDougCollins 

Speaker Pelosi’s decree changes absolutely nothing. As I have been telling Chairman Nadler for weeks, merely claiming the House is conducting an impeachment inquiry doesn’t make it so. Until the full House votes to authorize an inquiry, nobody is conducting a formal inquiry.

2:19 PM - 24 Sep 2019

Collins is the ranking GOP member of the Judiciary Committee.