Author Topic: We Have Now Entered the Twilight Zone  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: We Have Now Entered the Twilight Zone
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2019, 07:24:20 pm »
Well fine.  I'm settling for pizza (a kind of pie) then.   Screw it.

I love pizza
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2019, 07:48:24 pm »
Serious question............

How do you know that no one is convinced of the arguments either way when there are many who don't post?  How do you know that no one says, Oh, wait....... that IS what I believe...... who doesn't post openly about it.

Maybe there are only a few who get involved publicly, and maybe it seems to you that the same arguments go round and round, but isn't part of what political forums are for, to present debate points that others can read and think about?

I think those who want to stifle the debate of those on either side who truly believe in what they're saying are a bit short-sighted.  It's true that if you truly believe something you won't be convinced by the same argument, but not everyone is as solid as those who post, and many can be persuaded or strengthened by the arguments presented.

I, for one, will continue to present my well-considered, long held convictions and opinions freely (harassment or no), and hope to persuade at least one lurker of the value of the principles that this country was founded on and not the expediency of "getting along."

Just my two cents......

More than two cents.  More like two bucks, and that translates into a decent bottle of two buck chuck wine from Trader Joe's!

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2019, 07:59:16 pm »
More than two cents.  More like two bucks, and that translates into a decent bottle of two buck chuck wine from Trader Joe's!

Skol! 

999wine
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2019, 08:48:35 pm »
After HS I worked in a garage.  To pass the time, we'd do silly stuff like singing along with songs on the radio using a relatively standard word replacement set (who can forget that April Wine classic, "Just Between Bruce and Steve"?).  It was also common to change peoples names, swapping the first sound in the first and last names (Tony Stark -> Stony Tark), which was funny once in a while.

From ZH today...

The State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security has finally finished sifting through millions of emails from Hillary Clinton's controversial 'basement server' - many of which were classified, and/or blind-copied to a Gmail address bearing the name of a Chinese company according to intelligence community inspector general (ICIG) Frank Rucker.

:silly:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2019, 09:15:35 pm »
Must we keep re-litigating the Trump Wars?

*****rollingeyes*****

I guess so. And its become a parody of itself.

Who needs it. I know what I want.

BTW I'll take some of that mountain red you're having.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:17:03 pm by skeeter »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2019, 09:25:08 pm »
Standing for conservative principles is never a distraction.

It’s the core. It’s the center. It’s the meat.
@musiclady
And, to too many people on all sides of the divides . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2019, 09:52:02 pm »
More WHAT?

Reagan, and the 94th Congress, that's a couple hundred or more.

@roamer_1

HorseHillary. Reagan was old school and naive.  He signed off on letting illegals into America in exchange for legislation that would pretty much close the borders to immigrants that didn't have needed skills,and the Dims robbed him blind. There can be no doubt that Reagan meant well and did some very good things early in his first term while the Dims were still napping,but Trump has done more under harsher circumstances.

This hero worship is absurd. it takes way more than one man.

Who the hell worships Trump???? Everybody I know that is pro-Trump is pragmatic.

Again, your perspective is flawed. NO single 'who' can do a damn thing. As your heroic president proves daily.

You seem to be an authority on flawed perspective,yet you are so wrong about this.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2019, 09:57:39 pm »
I guess so. And its become a parody of itself.

Who needs it. I know what I want.

BTW I'll take some of that mountain red you're having.

The Optimist laughed, and the Pessimist cried in his wine!

The Madman said, "Son, how do you feel?"  I said, "Me?  I feel fine!"

***wine 999wine
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:59:06 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2019, 10:18:23 pm »
The Optimist laughed, and the Pessimist cried in his wine!

The Madman said, "Son, how do you feel?"  I said, "Me?  I feel fine!"

***wine 999wine

I've had a revelation in degradation.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2019, 10:22:33 pm »
I've had a revelation in degradation.

No hesitation!
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2019, 10:40:03 pm »
So let the people decide.   This isn't "oversight", this is a coup.  It is time for a rising.

The 'impeachment' process is defined in the Constitution.  IF 2/3 of the Senate doesn't vote for impeachment than it will be a mute issue.

Two things.  IF he is not impeached and the left has done everything to make it seem like his impeachment is a done deal, can we expect to see leftists rising in protest?

IF a coup is successful can we expect to see Trump's base rising up in protest?

It is unfortunate, but the leftists have already gathered and protested at various different times since Hillary's loss.  Nothing from the right; hardly a peep.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.