Author Topic: Why Is China Building Africa?  (Read 285 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Why Is China Building Africa?
« on: September 23, 2019, 12:21:18 am »
Excerpt:

Sep 21, 2019, 08:21am
Why Is China Building Africa?
Panos Mourdoukoutas

On the surface, the answer is that China is investing in Africa to place the continent on the global map, help African countries develop a sound infrastructure.

That’s what these countries need to sustain economic growth and join the global economy.

Below the surface, the answer is different. China is investing in Africa to gain political and diplomatic influence, as has been the case in Southeast Asia.

“Even though they are financed with Chinese loans and built with Chinese contractors and labor, most of these projects are designed to lock African countries into a long-term political and diplomatic relationship with China rather than to make money,” says Ted Bauman is a senior research analyst and economist at Banyan Hill Publishing. 

Read more at:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2019/09/21/why-is-china-building-africa/#58dfb30e502c

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:22:15 am by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

Re: Why Is China Building Africa?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 12:28:46 am »
As part of their co-opt Africa campaign China is allowing a number of africans to immigrate and thats causing a bit of social upheaval in the Middle Kingdom. I've seen some articles that would make Jim Crow wince.

It makes me chuckle as I remember the cold war commies always scolding American for poor treatment of minorities.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Why Is China Building Africa?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 12:51:40 am »
Because only maybe Russia has such an abundance of natural resources, especially things like rare earths so needed for tech today.

And, if they have a strong foothold there, they are a stones throw from the Middle East, Europe, and even South America relative to their home country.
The Republic is lost.