Author Topic: Trump whistleblower case raises 'constitutional issues,' Rep. Peter King says  (Read 493 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump whistleblower case raises 'constitutional issues,' Rep. Peter King says
By Nick Givas | Fox News

Following President Trump's comments that he did nothing wrong during a phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., said during an interview on "America's News HQ" that the case raises "constitutional issues" about the commander-in-chief's privacy.

"I think this raises very, very serious constitutional issues," King said Sunday. "I think it’s wrong as a general matter to have private conversations between the president of the United States, whether it’s Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren or anyone else -- those conversations, with a foreign leader, being somehow made public."

King, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee, said there should be a high standard for making conversations involving the executive branch public, and compared the recent media frenzy to the hype surrounding the Russia investigation.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-whistleblower-peter-king-white-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sometimes King is correct.  This could be one of those times.

Offline kevindavis007

I have to agree with him on this.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

Did Trump come up with this or did the dems hand it to him knowing either way the collateral damage would be ol slow Joe. 
   I think this will blowback on 'coke head' Hunter rather quickly.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

I believe it definitely is one of those times.

If the executive cannot count on privileged, confidential conversations with world leaders to pursue foreign policy without the political opposition intruding and twisting words for political gain then he's rendered pretty much ineffective.

The left will politicize everything to the point this nation will be totally paralyzed under the leadership of anyone but them.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
   Did Trump come up with this or did the dems hand it to him knowing either way the collateral damage would be ol slow Joe. 
   I think this will blowback on 'coke head' Hunter rather quickly.

So I'm not the only one to think that. Knowing how the Dems operate, I'd say it's a high possibility.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I agree with King. A president needs near plenary power to deal with foreign govts.

Obama got caught telling the Russians he'd have 'more flexibility' on missile defense in his second term. Sounded very much like collusion, but I didn't hear anyone talking prosecution for it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

CNN's Mudd Surprises Chris Cuomo by Slamming Intelligence Whistleblower

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
CNN's Mudd Surprises Chris Cuomo by Slamming Intelligence Whistleblower

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Scorched him!