Author Topic: Multiple' people shot at on streets of Washington, DC: US media  (Read 682 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Multiple' people shot at on streets of Washington, DC: US media
« on: September 20, 2019, 04:05:34 am »

'Multiple' people shot at on streets of Washington, DC: US media

Gunfire erupted on the streets of Washington, DC, on Thursday night, not far from the White House, and at least several people suffered gunshot wounds, local media reported.

Local TV station FOX-5 reported, citing police, that six people were shot in the incident, shortly after 10pm eastern time.

ABC affiliate WJLA-TV posted images on Twitter of ambulances carrying victims from the scene and said that there had been a "massive" police response at the intersection of 14th Street and Columbia road, about 3 kilometres from the White House.

See more at: https://www.wionews.com/world/multiple-people-shot-on-streets-of-washington-250705

2.1 miles from the WH.
News flash
@BRNewsFlash
#BREAKING — WASHINGTON: 1 dead and  6 others injured in a shooting in #WashingtonDC  according to reports just 2.1 miles away from the Whitehouse.
#MassShooting

https://twitter.com/BRNewsFlash/status/1174895281269133314

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Multiple' people shot at on streets of Washington, DC: US media
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 04:33:15 am »
Police said two of the victims were in critical condition after the shooting in the 1300 block of Columbia Road NW. Your report is one of them died... so yours is more up to date info than I got.

Open Map of area...

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=palemoon&q=1300+block+of+Columbia+Road+NW+Washington+DC&ia=maps&iaxm=maps
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 04:34:22 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 04:48:44 am »
This is news?  Sounds like an average night there.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 10:39:17 am »
This is news?  Sounds like an average night there.

Probably typical of most major cities.  We talk a lot about Chicago because that city seems to have the most victims on any given weekend, but shootings in ghetto neighborhoods happen everywhere.  Yet, the gun grabbers don't care about those.  They only get excited when there is a mass shooting at a public place -- a shopping mall, house of worship, country music concert, etc. -- and if the perp is white.    And they want to take away the guns of law abiding citizens who keep firearms for protection or sport.  The ghetto gangstas?  Well, most of them are from a certain protected racial background.  Can't go after them. 

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 12:17:21 pm »
Probably typical of most major cities.  We talk a lot about Chicago because that city seems to have the most victims on any given weekend, but shootings in ghetto neighborhoods happen everywhere.  Yet, the gun grabbers don't care about those.  They only get excited when there is a mass shooting at a public place -- a shopping mall, house of worship, country music concert, etc. -- and if the perp is white.    And they want to take away the guns of law abiding citizens who keep firearms for protection or sport.  The ghetto gangstas?  Well, most of them are from a certain protected racial background.  Can't go after them.

There are only about 100 homicides a year in DC whereas in Chicago that could be a monthly occurrence
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 12:31:12 pm »
Police said two of the victims were in critical condition after the shooting in the 1300 block of Columbia Road NW. Your report is one of them died... so yours is more up to date info than I got.

Open Map of area...

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=palemoon&q=1300+block+of+Columbia+Road+NW+Washington+DC&ia=maps&iaxm=maps

Map is of "Columbia Pike", which is Route 29 in Montgomery County, Maryland.

Columbia Road NW, is inside Washington, DC ... an area called Mount Pleasant, directly north of the White House along the 16th St NW corridor.  it's about 3 miles from the White House.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 02:53:04 pm »
White, red-neck, MAGA-hat wearing, gun-humpers shooting AR-15s and driving coal-blowing monster trucks, right?

Did I miss a mockery-worthy stereotype?

Edit: Added a stereotype, :cool: .
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 04:40:10 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 03:01:44 pm »
"Live from NBC News this Bob Upchuck reporting the six o'clock news. Breaking news item.....we have a report of a multiple shooting happening at the moment in New York City, Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Detroit, and a number of other major cities.
Probably some redneck Trump supporters wearing MAGA hats  shooting their AR-15s indiscriminately.
Wait....what's that....they're all young black males shooting each other with handguns and hitting innocent black children as well?
Never mind.
Let's go to the next story about how Trump  is a racist because of what he eats for dinner."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 05:14:35 pm »
This can't be true,since only cops and the bodyguards of politicians can possess guns in DC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 05:16:58 pm »
BKMK

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 06:02:15 pm »
This website probably treats all cities and states so this is not to simply gripe about DC, one of their articles is also "8 historical neighborhoods in DC that will transport you to the past",

Anyway, this appears to have happened in Columbia Heights per the news articles which is listed among the 7 most dangerous neighborhoods there, in fact, it looks like the worse or one of them per 2015 information.: 

3. Columbia Heights /Mount Pleasant and Park view

Last year, the Washington Post reported that the Columbia Heights, Mount Pleasant and Park View neighbor cluster had the most violent crimes in 2015 with 406 cases and the highest number of robberies with 268.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/dc/most-dangerous-places-in-dc/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2019, 06:13:23 pm »
Can any of you remember a time when DC WASN'T a dangerous place to live or visit? I remember a MP I knew (attached to a support unit and shared the same barracks)
telling me he was getting out of the army as a E-6 because the DC PD paid a LOT more money than the army,and had better benefits. I don't know/remember if they were recruiting amongst military policemen,or if he had taken it upon himself to check into a job there,but he did get out of the Army after maybe 10 years of service and go to DC to become a cop there.

BTW,this was probably around 1968.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 06:14:09 pm by sneakypete »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2019, 06:33:24 pm »
Can any of you remember a time when DC WASN'T a dangerous place to live or visit? I remember a MP I knew (attached to a support unit and shared the same barracks)
telling me he was getting out of the army as a E-6 because the DC PD paid a LOT more money than the army,and had better benefits. I don't know/remember if they were recruiting amongst military policemen,or if he had taken it upon himself to check into a job there,but he did get out of the Army after maybe 10 years of service and go to DC to become a cop there.

BTW,this was probably around 1968.

IMO, DC is a much safer place today than it was 40-50 years ago.

Gentrification started in DuPont Circle, NW about 40 years ago.  The LGB community were its pioneers.

You wouldn't dream of buying a home east of 16th NW...which runs 12 to 6 to the White House door.  Not if you were a female or even a wife.  Certainly not a mother.  No man would allow it.

Now... the 14th Street corridor and even 13th Street are considered chic today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2019, 06:38:36 pm »

Gentrification started in DuPont Circle, NW about 40 years ago.  The LGB community were its pioneers.

You wouldn't dream of buying a home east of 16th NW...which runs 12 to 6 to the White House door.  Not if you were a female or even a wife.  Certainly not a mother.  No man would allow it.

@Thanks for the update,but mentioning streets and addresses means nothing to me. The only times I have ever been to DC were when I was drunk,or going to funerals at Arlington.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 06:48:25 pm »

I remember driving through DC way back in the days before GPS, and I got turned around and hopelessly lost around dinnertime.  Young woman driving alone, and not carrying.  I found myself on 14th St.  Lots of cops, so I tried to ask one for directions.  He and all the others were too busy wrestling people to the ground and into cop cars.  I decided just driving, anywhere, was better than stopping there.  I eventually made it to Boston, unscathed.