Author Topic: Trump says Obama should have 'moved faster' to save Otto Warmbier  (Read 491 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump says Obama should have 'moved faster' to save Otto Warmbier
« on: September 20, 2019, 07:30:34 pm »
Oh, Trump's new National Security Advisor, O'Brien helped get Warmbier released, we might remember, per the story, Warmbier was released June 19,  2017.

Trump says Obama should have 'moved faster' to save Otto Warmbier
 By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Friday, September 20, 2019

President Trump said he hosted a “very touching” dinner with the family of the late Otto Warmbier, and he wished the Obama administration had worked faster to obtain the college student’s release from North Korea before it was too late to save his life.

“We did that dinner really in Otto’s honor,” Mr. Trump said Friday at a White House news conference. “It was very touching and really very beautiful. We talked about Otto.”

Mr. Trump invited Mr. Warmbier’s parents, Fred and Cindy Wambier of Cincinnati, Ohio, for the dinner at the White House last Saturday night. Otto Warmer died in 2017 shortly after the Trump administration gained his release from captivity in North Korea, where he spent 17 months in prison after being convicted of trying to steal a propaganda poster.

Read more at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/sep/20/trump-says-obama-should-have-moved-faster-to-save-/

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump says Obama should have 'moved faster' to save Otto Warmbier
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 08:04:16 pm »
Otto wasn't the right color.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 08:08:12 pm »
Otto wasn't the right color.

Or religious organisation.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 08:12:22 pm »
Otto's parents begged for help... 8888crybaby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 08:20:41 pm »
The previous administration has a long history of abandoning non traitorous Americans.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 08:22:37 pm »
Otto's parents begged for help... 8888crybaby

Indeed they did.  It breaks my heart whenever I think about Otto. :crying:

Such an unnecessary death.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 08:49:41 pm »
Indeed they did.  It breaks my heart whenever I think about Otto. :crying:

Such an unnecessary death.

This was the kid that tried to steal an emblem from N.K. right? At the request of some artifact collector?

I hate he was basically treated so bad he died, but some major blame lies on his own head. You don't go to horrible communist dictators gated community and expect them to play nice when you try to steal anything.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 09:00:16 pm »
This was the kid that tried to steal an emblem from N.K. right? At the request of some artifact collector?

I hate he was basically treated so bad he died, but some major blame lies on his own head. You don't go to horrible communist dictators gated community and expect them to play nice when you try to steal anything.

I really want to be more sympathetic with this guy, but I agree with you. It just isn't wise to go to a foreign country and break their laws. Especially one like NK. Not long ago there were some kids that went overseas and spit on the sidewalk (or something equally minor) and were sentenced to caning.  I'm not even gonna mention those basketball players that got into trouble overseas that required Trump intervention.

I saw the movie Midnight Special (I think that was the name). I wouldn't break any of the foreign laws. Wouldn't be prudent.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 09:02:25 pm »

Really?  Braindead as a result of trying to steal a poster?  A little bit uneven, don't you think?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 09:07:13 pm »

I certainly would not do it, but the death penalty seems a bit harsh for stealing.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 09:17:11 pm »
It is alleged he tried to steal something.

I've heard one commentator even say that is not actually true.

But that sounds plausible about the artifact collector, I had not heard that before.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2019, 09:19:48 pm »
Otto was foolish for even setting foot in such a whacked out country in the first place.  There are just some countries people shouldn't visit.  But I think there are some pollyanna types who believe every country is like the US.  Or maybe they think if they go into these hellholes, they will somehow make a difference. 

And I think there are still some people who believe if they get into trouble in a foreign land, the US will bail them out.  Years ago, I remember seeing tv ads warning Americans about violating drug laws in foreign countries.  I believe the theme was "don't expect the State Department to help." 

But right now there is really no good reason to beat up on Otto.  I would like to think his death might wake up others who think it's ok to do what you want in a foreign country.  But if people didn't pay attention to those ads years ago, they probably won't pay attention now.