Author Topic: Ted Cruz Rejects White House/DOJ Universal Background Check Plan  (Read 743 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Ted Cruz Rejects White House/DOJ Universal Background Check Plan
« on: September 19, 2019, 01:46:28 pm »
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) rejected the White House/Department of Justice (DOJ) universal background check plan that was circulated in a memo on Wednesday.
Breitbart News reported that the memo largely mirrored Sen. Joe Manchin’s (D-WV) gun control bill and would require the issuance of a “bill of sale” and the preservation of a “chain of title” for gun sales that do not currently require government oversight.

The Hill reports that Attorney General William Barr tried to talk Sen. Cruz into supporting the gun control, but Cruz would not.

Background checks have proven no barrier to mass shooters in America as nearly every mass shooter of the past 12 years acquired his guns via a background check. All the while, criminals are arrested on gun charges but not prosecuted to the fullness of the law.

Cruz summed this up, saying, “If we want to stop crimes, we need to focus on the bad guys, not the good guys.”

On September 13, 2019, Breitbart News reported Cruz saying President Donald Trump will lose in 2020 if he cuts a gun control deal with the Democrats.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/18/ted-cruz-rejects-white-house-doj-universal-background-check-plan/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ted Cruz Rejects White House/DOJ Universal Background Check Plan
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 01:47:59 pm »
 :yowsa:  Good move Senator Cruz!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 02:12:12 pm »
I'm glad at least one of our senators has read the Constitution.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 02:19:44 pm »
In before our resident trump worshippers arrive to tell us how un-conservative this is by Cruz
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 02:21:14 pm »
In before our resident trump worshippers arrive to tell us how un-conservative this is by Cruz

*****rollingeyes*****
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 03:53:20 pm »

Resident Trumpers?  It was a couple of our resident NTs who were just saying how Cruz has gone to the dark side and they would never trust him, and blah, blah, blah...

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 04:34:33 pm »
Resident Trumpers?  It was a couple of our resident NTs who were just saying how Cruz has gone to the dark side and they would never trust him, and blah, blah, blah...

I really like Trump. However, on this one he's wrong and Cruz is right. If Trump pushes this really hard it will hurt him.

Cruz has been right all along that the big push by the govt should be to get local law enforcement to input the information into the existing system and to punish criminals with guns.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 10:15:24 pm »
Cruz is right once again, and I think most of us have confidence in him when it comes to the 2A.  Trump would be wise to listen to him for once.  His re-election, depends on it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 10:57:12 pm »
Cruz is right once again, and I think most of us have confidence in him when it comes to the 2A.  Trump would be wise to listen to him for once.  His re-election, depends on it.

I think this is sound advise. Lets see how this plays out.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 01:39:04 am »
I really like Trump. However, on this one he's wrong and Cruz is right. If Trump pushes this really hard it will hurt him.

Cruz has been right all along that the big push by the govt should be to get local law enforcement to input the information into the existing system and to punish criminals with guns.

Hurt everyone.  Looks like we are stuck with him but people are not going to vote for him if he continues his assault on the Constitutional rights of gun owners.

Cruz is absolutely correct it will do nothing.  NOTHING.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 01:40:06 am »
Hurt everyone.  Looks like we are stuck with him but people are not going to vote for him if he continues his assault on the Constitutional rights of gun owners.

Cruz?  Cruz isn't assaulting the Constitutional rights of gun owners.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2019, 02:05:12 am »
Cruz?  Cruz isn't assaulting the Constitutional rights of gun owners.

I was talking about Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2019, 02:13:44 am »
I was talking about Trump.

Ah, it confused me because the article is about Cruz. 

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2019, 02:19:46 am »
    In this current Era of Trumpism how many Good Conservatives have we seen washed upon our shores, Lee and Amash come quickly to mind.  Cruz backed off for a couple of years, so far it's paid off, IMHO, he's still alive and relevant.   

It's Trump's party.

Lesley Gore - It's My Party (STEREO) HQ

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 02:42:38 am »
Ah, it confused me because the article is about Cruz.

I wasn't very clear.  Sorry.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 03:04:30 am »
Thank you Ted for again daring to be the odd man out when it counts. It is noticed here for the most part (with the usual suspects ignoring the issue again).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2019, 03:24:04 am »
Thank you Ted for again daring to be the odd man out when it counts. It is noticed here for the most part (with the usual suspects ignoring the issue again).

:thumbsup:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 03:25:24 am »
I wasn't very clear.  Sorry.

Yes, it happens.